Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help !! 2019 in 1 problem

Nath.

Question

Hi all in arcade land!

I have just purchased a 2019 in 1 family game board and installed it with no problems. After playing with it for a while it was banged pretty hard by a flying pool ball . since then I can only get to the games list then I have no input through the controllers. I have tried the jamma connections the are ok. I have tried to recall the lost data via the ribbon cable. No luck though, also once the machine is on for a few minutes, it starts going through screens, adds credits, starts games and changes video outputs? ?

Is it dead or able to be recovered? ?

Thanks in advance :)

Kind regards Nathan.

18 answers to this question

These multi boards are always failing, they do a poor job of emulation and are designed so you can't simply fix them yourself.

The upside is they have brought plenty of new members to the forum.

It sounds like wither you I/O board has been damaged.

There's not much that can be done if that's the case.

The first thing I'd do it reseat all the connectors and have a close look for any damage.

Was the board running when it copped the impact?

If doing the above bears no fruit and you can't find anyone who can look at it for you I'd suggest ditching the multi board and going with a PC setup running MAME with either Mala. (easy to set up and configure yourself) or Hyperspin (difficult to set up unless you are good with computers).

A bit more info would be needed but it sounds like you would have a horizontal screen orientation and running through an LCD screen.

Do you have a cabinet or just a controller box?

Thanks for your responses.

It was hit while it was running, I made an upright cabinet and used a CRT screen. I am not the best with PCs but building the cabinet is more my thing. I have had a very good look at all connections, reflowed some dry joints. The intermittent problems have gone now but I still can't get to the ghost mode by pressing player2 on start up to recover the HD.

Any help would be great

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I tried the dip sw, but will double check the power supply.

Thanks

I don't like your chances of recovering it sadly. These are made using "recycled" mainboards and HDD's and are flaky at best - right from new.

If it's nothing obvious at least a replacement is only $200. Don't count on any of these to last very long however. They are just shonky right from the start.

Ok, I have been looking for a replacement, the hypersonic looks awesome as does the arcade blaster. How have people found them? I not to keen on updates as it's in a remote area.Any thoughts on this would be appreciated:)

Thanks

Hi Gemini, I'm not sure ? It was running at the time when it was hit, then started going through different video modes. I tried to change the mode back but no luck and since then it only comes up with main games list with no input i.e. joystick or buttons. I can't even go into to ghost mode to reset it:( I have sourced a spare HD for the short term and looking at getting a hypersonic off Chris :)

I'm so jealous of your Indiana Jones pinball:) my favorite one ever!! I have Dr who but always looking for Indy to purchase.

I'm so jealous of your Indiana Jones pinball:) my favorite one ever!! I have Dr who but always looking for Indy to purchase.

Mine is in beautiful nic! Gold pinballs, colour DMD, the lost plastic, led's, Crocodile mod, new decals no fade. I've owned mine for over 20 years. It's a very much loved machine.