Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What did Santa give you.

A new dremel and it's router attachment I was happy to receive.

However, the biggest gift I received was seeing my neighbour's face when he saw his bar for the first time.

A year ago his son drowned in Canada when the ferry he was on capsized and I imagine that is one thing you will never get over, the loss of a son.

He has always wanted a bar and name it in honor of his lost son but has no ability to build it so my darling wife said if you pay for it my husband will make you one.

That was how I got roped in.

For maximum impact, I decided to build it in my man cave in pieces so he couldn't see it till it was complete and in his room he wanted it in.

I'll let the pictures tell the story....

L87XKMG.jpg

D2XnW4q.jpg

Lis4QiU.jpg

wTiNoUa.jpg

vGPlNDb.jpg

VVVUzEU.jpg

erKfnUn.jpg

Amazing how good it feels to see you were able to make something that made a grown man cry.

Needless to say it has been getting well used since he saw it for the first time a couple of days ago and yes, him and I have put it to good use a couple of times.

Not exactly a what I got story but to me it was better than what I got and was more able to give that made this Christmas special for me.

A new dremel and it's router attachment I was happy to receive.

However, the biggest gift I received was seeing my neighbour's face when he saw his bar for the first time.

A year ago his son drowned in Canada when the ferry he was on capsized and I imagine that is one thing you will never get over, the loss of a son.

He has always wanted a bar and name it in honor of his lost son but has no ability to build it so my darling wife said if you pay for it my husband will make you one.

That was how I got roped in.

For maximum impact, I decided to build it in my man cave in pieces so he couldn't see it till it was complete and in his room he wanted it in.

I'll let the pictures tell the story....

L87XKMG.jpg

D2XnW4q.jpg

Lis4QiU.jpg

wTiNoUa.jpg

vGPlNDb.jpg

VVVUzEU.jpg

erKfnUn.jpg

Amazing how good it feels to see you were able to make something that made a grown man cry.

Needless to say it has been getting well used since he saw it for the first time a couple of days ago and yes, him and I have put it to good use a couple of times.

Not exactly a what I got story but to me it was better than what I got and was more able to give that made this Christmas special for me.

What a beautiful story, this is what I love about AA.

The blue LED sign to the right side of the back of the bar is a sign he had custom made with his son's name on it.

The sign says Raveshan's Bar. Raveshan was his son's name.

This story is about the capsize that took his son's life and although it doesn't mention his name, he was the 6th victim.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40268008

Dose of gastro from midnight till about lunch when made it to the doctors lol

Sadly meant missed opportunity to see my kids (1 being two years since last encounter yet lives 8km away)

Other than that no lynx bodywash but few random tools and shirts

Asteroids is still a game I`m getting used to.

Yep! the pixels are poorly done on Asteroids. I carefully removed all games from their packaging, removed the batteries & repacked mine. I don't want leaking batteries ruining them in my collection.

I got socks from my sister, some kitchen stuff and new cupboard doors from my folks, pyjamas from my brother, a new knife block from the wife and my mother in law got me a new keysmart keyring and the mixed case of craft beer advent calendar I've been enjoying all month, but where's Santa?

Santa was late to my joint and arrived yesterday (though the tracking says it was in Melbourne by the 18th):

4efa92338172a06a4871b4ced4b4a9eb.jpg

My daughter bought me a gas soldering iron then gave it to my wife 2 days before Xmas to wrap it.

I still haven't got it because my wife has forgotten where she put it :(

I suspect it is next to my daughters 18th present that she didn't get last year for the same reason.