Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wallbox project

I'm having a break from pinball at the moment as I'm stuck on my latest EM restoration, so I thought I would play around with a jukebox wallbox/selector.

I had seen a few youtube clips of people putting ipods into wallboxes and linking the buttons to mp3 files, and I liked that idea.

After checking on ebay for awhile and not finding anything I liked, I purchased a Rowe-Ami WRC-200 wallbox from Wayne in SA, he is very knowledgeable and helped me a lot.

Here is a similar unit, not mine. I forgot to take a picture when I first got it. Mine is in better nick and the chrome is nicer.

Wallbox.thumb.jpg.672e866091e28cbefb0e4093376b76d2.jpg

After a bit of research I decided against the ipod method and went for the Wallbox2mp3 board. It can be installed without changing the wallbox itself and can easily be removed. It just seemed a lot nicer option.

At this stage I didn't want to put the wallbox on the wall as they are heavy, about 16kgs for this one, so I made a stand for it and put a box on the back to hold all the electronics.

1188792901_2017-12-2020_00_54.thumb.jpg.b5362d1e97d48de232159e3ace55679e.jpg

163975795_2017-12-2020_06_24.thumb.jpg.e71563b94ccc3fad78a498dc86586b56.jpg

I had trouble getting the selections working at first, but I have just worked out tonight that the wiring diagram in the product instructions is wrong. I ended up watching a youtube clip in French where the guy was installing one. I couldn't understand what he was saying but a picture speaks a thousand words.

I have temporarily changed the wiring to get it working, so I need to tidy that up and then install the volume control and the song reject button.

I also have to cut out the song tiles and put them in the wallbox so that you know what's available for selections.

It's taken me about a month to get all the parts together and work it all out, but I'm please with the result :)

Good to see projects like this breathing life back into an old wallbox. I did the same lots of years ago. Its a nice novelty for friends to press the button and select songs on a wallbox. The kids think its some sort of black magic, why doesn't it have a touch screen? how can it possibly play music !

Looks awesome. Do you mind telling the cost of the Wallbox2mp3 board and supplier? I have a Seeburg Wallbox that I would love to modify.

I got it from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wallbox2mp3-Universal-MP3-adapter-for-jukebox-wallbox-no-wipod/152308173223?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

There are other components that you have to buy but the details are in the instruction manual.

I have now finished all the outstanding tasks so the project is done.

I put the song reject button on the back but didn't add the volume control.

The wallbox has 3 volume buttons on the front that work, so I can adjust with just the push of a button.

One last thing.

The built in speakers are fine for just having on when I'm playing pinball etc but not for bigger gatherings

So, I plugged a Bluetooth transmitter into the head phone jack on the card and paired to my Bluetooth speaker.

The sound was a lot better and will be a good option for parties etc.

• 1 year later...

Cool..

i remember selling this wallbox..

now it is great to see it brought back to life :)

i originally imported these wallboxes to couple up to a jukebox but have found more people like to use MP3's these days as the cost of a jukebox & then the out lay for quality modern music on vinyl is just out of reach for many..

Edited by Pac-Invader