Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Roadshow : Red and Ted eyelid coil/solenoid replacment.

razorsedge

Question

Has anyone got any pointers on replacing eylid solenoids in Red and Ted ? My machine is pretty clean overall, but I need to replace these coils and from what I have found it looks like I need to half strip the under-playfield, and a heap of ramps to get to the screws. Is this the only way to tackle it? ... or is there maybe a trick I am missing to remove Ted's head without stripping the machine... :unsure

7 answers to this question

Check the wires to the solenoids..I had come across a few that had broken off . As mentioned ...they are a shit of a thing to get to. Patience and a lot of swearing will help.. :) A right angled Phillips head is also handy for this job.

Yup, I find the swearing bit makes things flow alot better :lol .... Teds eylid solenoid is cooked, the plunger is locked solid in the coil. Might discover more about the cause once his head is out... or not. Red's eylid plunger link is broken at the little bottom eyelet. Have all the parts so there should plenty to keep me occupied and swearing this weekend ;)

Thanks all for the feedback :023:

Best of luck. Given the pain in the arse job it is when I did mine I replaced a lot of little things and applied Loctite to make sure they wouldn't shake apart again under a savage beating from the public. (It was Pinfest 2 I think?) A puff of smoke in the function centre is not generally calming:D