Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Big Lebowski & Alien

shmilder

I was wondering if any of these machines are in the country and if anyone has any experience with them?

Stay away from putting any money down on them until they are well in advance if shipping! TBL is still embroiled in poo between ARA and DP with no end in sight. Alien is still getting off the ground after the restructure. Wait until they're shipping or you can just give me your money and still have the same end game nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay away from putting any money down on them until they are well in advance if shipping! TBL is still embroiled in poo between ARA and DP with no end in sight. Alien is still getting off the ground after the restructure. Wait until they're shipping or you can just give me your money and still have the same end game nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Audioenslaved. both look like interesting machines. Send me your address and ill keep that in mind :P

- - - Updated - - -

If any one knows who the dealers are for these machines, that would be good too.

Agreed, i assume self importing machines works out more expensive than buying from a local dealer, plus no support.

I've played TBL a number of times. Nice machine - bit like playing a simpler Twilight Zone re stop-start play. I really doubt they will ever be able to produce the game now in any meaningful quantities, and replacement parts will be very difficult to get in the future, so staying well clear.

There is more hope for Alien. Production has started again, and there are some preliminary talks for a distributor here, but still on hold until production is well underway and confidence is reinstated in the company. From all reports, a fun game to play. Again, hold on to your cash for another year or so and see what happens

Its a shame all these companies are struggling to get machines out the door, the more industry players there are out there producing machines the better quality of machine should find its way to the end user. Competition should drive innovation and quality. Plus both these machines have killer subject matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I've played TBL a number of times. Nice machine - bit like playing a simpler Twilight Zone re stop-start play. I really doubt they will ever be able to produce the game now in any meaningful quantities, and replacement parts will be very difficult to get in the future, so staying well clear.

There is more hope for Alien. Production has started again, and there are some preliminary talks for a distributor here, but still on hold until production is well underway and confidence is reinstated in the company. From all reports, a fun game to play. Again, hold on to your cash for another year or so and see what happens

Where did you play TBL @chopchop?

Edited by shmilder

Its a shame all these companies are struggling to get machines out the door, the more industry players there are out there producing machines the better quality of machine should find its way to the end user. Competition should drive innovation and quality. Plus both these machines have killer subject matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you play TBL @chopchop?

Played quite a few games with Jaap over at Pintastic New England last year, and before that played it at Texas Pinball festival the year before - when it had all the original music including Bob Dylan - I was going to put my money down right there is they were able to keep those songs in it, but knew it was too good to be true.

• 2 weeks later...

So on the Alien front as of today Wayne has 6 special editions coming and his phone is ringing hot.

This and Houdini could well be sleepers that grab a big slice of the market now we can order through a local distributor. Exciting times in the silverball world!

So on the Alien front as of today Wayne has 6 special editions coming and his phone is ringing hot.

This and Houdini could well be sleepers that grab a big slice of the market now we can order through a local distributor. Exciting times in the silverball world!

Wow he's distributing for a few now :066: