Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Thanks Cardini and Emma for having us over and looking after the Wildball crew again.

We appreciate your efforts in running Wilball throughout the year

And I suppose I should congratulate you on the win..... nah yeah well done, congratulations

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thankyou to Andrew for running this awesome event. It’s awesome, because of the people that come along to enjoy eachother’s company, even Gavin’s? Ha. Also congratulations to Andrew for taking out the top spot for the year. Yeahhhhhhh, and to Mark who was at the top all year, coming second, all I can say is, That’s Pinball, and there is always next year my pinball buddy. To everyone who helped, hosted and participated in the events of the year, thankyou very much for making it such a great thing to look forward to. I will miss you all. Thanks Wazza.[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Cardini for another awesome nite & congrats on taking out the season & well done Skids on being the at the top all yr & to go down at the very end. If only the final was on Black Hole :lol

Joining so late in the season Im really looking forward to the 1st round in 2019.

@Defender, leave poor Gav alone, he cant help it if he's got a leakage problem:laugh:

Thanks Andrew n family for having us over, always great fun to be had and wonderful collection to play. Congrats on the win and looking forward to all the antics in 2019 [emoji106][emoji2532]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apologies for me belated statement & thank you all for your kind words......

Let me start by saying thank you to all involved in the Wildball league.

To the Hosts, I am forever in your debt. This year we visited THE finest collections of Pinball machines in Sydney. The presentation of these machines was better than 'showroom'. Each of you should be very proud of your collections and their condition.

In thanking all the Hosts it would remiss of me not to acknowledge their partners. The hospitality you provided was second to none, not to mention the amazing array of meals.

Saturday Night.

I would also like to thank Lindsay @Pinlinds for providing an Iron Maiden Pro and @Mar for providing the Walking Dead. These machines provided a great balance between new and (my) old games.

To the formal stuff.

Again congratulations to Mark @skids. Mark was the most consistent player across the entire year. He was the first qualifier in both Season 1 and Season 2 (which meant he was also the top qualifier for the Wildball Shield)

Season 2 Finals.

The top eight players were present to play the single elimination best of three finals.

For the second year in a row Skids managed to decimate all comers on Gottlieb's Black Hole. I do not know how he does it, but he manages to efficiently, economically and gracefully score more points/minute at the game than anybody else?????

@Defender has been playing tremendous pinball this year. He managed to knock out some big names in his progress to the final.

So the two Allies from Doonside faced off in the best of three final. Gottlieb's Black Hole, the battle ground. In short, Mark managed to reign supreme two games to one. Warwick put up a great fight (watching on, I thought for a time Warwicks hard work during the year was a bout at payoff. Ultimately Mark managed to grab the win).

The final standings.

1st @skids Mark - winner of season 2 Wildball 2018.

2nd @Defender Warwick runner up

3rd @cardini - Andrew 3rd

4th @Audioenslaved - Nate 4th.

I will post the full results asap.

The Wildball Shield.

Upon the completion for the 2nd Season final, The top 8 players across both seasons then played a Battle Royale to determine the Wildball Grand Champion for 2018. 5 through 8 played first, the lowest scores bowed out, bring the next ranked player into the fray.

@skids Mark

@cardini Andrew

@Rawdon Rawdon

@Audioenslaved Nate

@Pinlinds Lindsay

@Defender Warwick

@gomeroz William

@symonz Simon

1st round

Lindsay chooses Gottlieb's the Amazing Spiderman

Simon acquiesced.

2nd round

Nate comes into the battle and selects Eight Ball Deluxe and bows out.

3rd round

Rawdon enters the arena and made Gorgar the next battle table.

Warwick was eliminated.

4th round,

Andrew entered and chose The Walking Dead.

Rawdon surrenders.

5th round,

Mark (the top qualifier) comes into the fray with his favourite Gottleibs's Black Hole

William submits.

5th Round,

We are down to three competitors.

Andrew selects Banzai Run,

Lindsay narrowly defeated.

In the 6th Round - the best of three, Mark squares off against Andrew.

Andrew Selects Revenge from Mars and manages to take the win 2-0 (from an obvious exhausted Skids!).

I may have profited from a little home ground advantage ;);)(and some help on the strategy side @Rawdon :D).

I also want to state that all the comp games were played in great spirit and respect for each other.

Wildball VII

We will be back, bigger and better in 2019. Not only will be continue with the League, but some of us are working on some one off events, both social and competitive, to deliver some more pinball events to Sydney.

I will publish the Wildball calendar asap. Those that played this and prior years will be given priority for 2019 positions. I like to see what where the major pinball events are placed in the year (and avoid any clash).

Please feel free to provide feedback here, by PM or any other method. We are dedicated to getting Sydney to the pinnacle of Pinball events in the country :)

I will be contacting the Hosts to get their feedback as well.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q766/68Pinball/20181110_2203481_zps6c1qjxdc.jpg

Edited by cardini

Nice work all. My first full season at wildball. No shame in missing the finals to you guys thats for sure.

Love the competitive side to pinball. Adds another dimension to these beautiful time machines and I think holds a key to unlocking the pinball revival.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

for the second year in a row Skids managed to decimate all comers on Gottlieb's Black Hole. I do not know how he does it, but he manages to efficiently, economically and gracefully score more points/minute at the game than anybody else?????

haha gotta love the Black Hole, its is a cruel beast, when you think your safe, you're not, and vice versa, anyone can get a house ball (or two)

In the 6th Round - the best of three, Mark squares off against Andrew.

Andrew Selects Revenge from Mars and manages to take the win 2-0 (from an obvious exhausted Skids!).

I may have profited from a little home ground advantage ;);)(and some help on the strategy side @Rawdon :D).

nah you won fair and square, the only thing exhausted was my luck, you need a bit of luck in pinball. you may of had the home ground advantage, but running the league puts you at a disadvantage so it evens out in the end

i was quietly confident when you picked RFM, you could of picked worse :) i just had a couple of crap balls (thats what she said unto me) like i said above, ran out of luck. (ha!, if it was on Black Hole you would of had a couple of crap balls too! lol)

I also want to state that all the comp games were played in great spirit and respect for each other.

isn't thats what wildball is all about? F U N, there was no pressure, no nerves, as it was all in good fun, the way you like to play every comp!

• 2 weeks later...

Ha typed in Widball in you tube and this came up, i know Jajop put a few up but they didnt come up in my search

Looks familiar ha ha !!

- - - Updated - - -

I am giving Wildballers first preference have already sold two machines next on the chopping block are Tales From the Crypt and Ghostbusters if anyone interested let me know before I advertise them. I wonder what will be next , time for a clean out. New ones coming mmmm maybe !!!

Looks familiar ha ha !!

- - - Updated - - -

I am giving Wildballers first preference have already sold two machines next on the chopping block are Tales From the Crypt and Ghostbusters if anyone interested let me know before I advertise them. I wonder what will be next , time for a clean out. New ones coming mmmm maybe !!!

Not the Tales [emoji31] I’d say GLWS but you won’t need it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Youre looking that 6th pin @symonz, I can hear a ghostly voice from the crypt calling your name :lol

the crypt keeper told Simon to sell to Greg

- - - Updated - - -

99.thumb.jpg.5a4b6357d6350c7ddb2332ec9d133f23.jpg

hopefully sell to a Wildball host so you still get to play them

more wildball on you tube if you are bored

[video=youtube;47I-Zrjv3Ws]

[video=youtube;Qtx-BugB7-8]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
staying up waiting for some bearded fat B stard to give me presents

:lol:lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140366[/ATTACH]

That's "MR Bearded Fat Bastard" to you laughing boy, or you can have a 2 week holiday!!!!

:lol