Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KIWI PINCADE (PART 11) New Zealand 8TH-11TH MARCH 2018

Hi everyone

This is your personal invitation to attend the next Kiwi Pincade! For newbies, Pincade is held sequentially at various locations throughout New Zealand over four days. This year's cities will be Wellington and Auckland. Although fine tuning to the timetable will come over the next few months, these things are set in concrete:

1. Starts in Wellington at 1pm Thursday 8th March 2018 at a commercial location where festivities and a tournament (Wellington Pincade IFPA sanctioned competition) will be held beginning in the early evening. Location TBA but probably the Moon Bar.

2. Breakfast and pinball at a Wellington host's home or another commercial venue from 9am Friday 9th March until 1pm.

3. Fly to Auckland (about one hour's flight time) followed by one or two people's gamesroom that afternoon/night.

4. Breakfast at the next gamesroom beginning at 9am Saturday 10th March followed by two or three other gamesrooms.

5. All day Sunday at Pukekohe where two huge tournaments will be held. These are the Pincade Classics and the 3rd World System 11 Championships. We expect around 100 participants for each tournament so there will be lots of IFPA points if you play well. Both tournaments will be run concurrently with set playoff times for each.

6. I try to arrange transport & accommodation but lately I have been overwhelmed. Requests outnumber resources. If you can share accommodation & rental cars, that would be appreciated but I will help out as best I can. If you want to catch the red eye flight into or out of Auckland, you may have to arrange your own transport.

7. There will be a charge to attend like last year. Bronze, Silver and Gold. This helps pay for venue costs, trophies, lanyards and name tags etc. We haven't finalized prices but to give you an idea, it will be $60 to attend the entire weekend. Pincade T shirts, hoodies, raffle tickets will be extra. Some breakfasts will be included in your $60. Don't worry, you won't be scalped, we're running this on a social basis. I will not accept any Pincade money until 5th Jan 2018. There will be a late fee charged from 23rd Feb. Details to follow.

8. I will raffle off a Judge Dredd pinball machine on Saturday night. This will be limited to 100 tickets. Ticket price will be $50 each. If the lucky owner doesn't want it, it will be followed by an auction.

9. I get deluged by emails so to separate my AA mail from my Pincade mail, please contact me on kiwipincade@gmail.com. Of course, I'm happy to answer any questions posted on this thread (which may help others as well).

10. Last Pincade was a record year with 160 attendees including 34 from overseas. I expect more next year.

11. I would appreciate comments from past attendees about what we can do better and what the things they really enjoyed about Pincade.

Thanks

Yee (rocky2)

Contact me at kiwipincade@gmail.com

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in again.

This was the best week end of pinball ever.

Yee you don't need to change a thing, you nailed it this year from the weather to the hosts every thing was awesome.

Any one thinking of coming along you won't be disappointed and well worth the trip

COUNT ME IN FOR THE BIG NUMBER 10th VISIT IN A ROW !!!

Wouldn't miss this for the world after missing the 1st one. Its also a great time to have time away remembering the loss of my father that happened unexpectedly during Pincade 8.......Dad would've wanted me to keep going with everything in my life as I have.

COUNT ME IN FOR THE BIG NUMBER 10th VISIT IN A ROW !!!

Wouldn't miss this for the world after missing the 1st one. Its also a great time to have time away remembering the loss of my father that happened unexpectedly during Pincade 8.......Dad would've wanted me to keep going with everything in my life as I have.

Welcome back for the 10th time!!!! That's some milestone. I'm planning to do something special for you and that other lout that will probably also turn up for the 10th time too. Don't know what yet but it may pay to make sure your medical insurance is up to date!!:) Open to suggestions from others on how to celebrate Pincade x 10 times !!

• Administrators
Welcome back for the 10th time!!!! That's some milestone. I'm planning to do something special for you and that other lout that will probably also turn up for the 10th time too. Don't know what yet but it may pay to make sure your medical insurance is up to date!!:) Open to suggestions from others on how to celebrate Pincade x 10 times !!

Too right, they deserve a medal for putting up with you clowns 10 times over....oh wait, I got that the wrong way around :)

Excellent news! I'll be back, and going try to convince the wife to let me bring Emily over. All those hairy men attending are so nice and well behaved, I'll reassure here its just like a big bunch of fluffy pets to play pinball with!

Hey mate its been an absolute pleasure attending and making the friendships I have.......I do not expect anything special as without you, the kiwi brothers & sisters of AA none of this would never have been possible......I'm just so grateful to be involved in such an event surrounded by such great people.......Proud as punch of all of you & what you do.

At this stage I will be back

This would have to be one of the best weeks of pinball ever

I was a Virgin Last year and I'm trying to get some other mates together to come along to the next one , looking forward to catching up with everyone again & to the hosts for opening up there homes to us see you all again soon [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

At this stage I will be back

This would have to be one of the best weeks of pinball ever

I was a Virgin Last year and I'm trying to get some other mates together to come along to the next one , looking forward to catching up with everyone again & to the hosts for opening up there homes to us see you all again soon [emoji106]

Hmmmm. Do I classify as a mate cause if I do you have convinced me. Hopefully the others will come along also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. Do I classify as a mate cause if I do you have convinced me. Hopefully the others will come along also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you pass mate

Once you have done Pincade you just can't resist doing it again

Yes I know there is another person who has been given the green light also

• Administrators
tempted to join the mini bus from hell :)

Mini-bus from hell will be very mini, strictly invite only (very Secret Squirrel stuff). If I recall correctly the rental mob we used had 7 seaters available?? The car we had was sort of a 7 seater but it was pretty cuddly in the back, even with only 5 of us. Auckland is pretty driver friendly and car rental is cheap so it is worth looking into a rental car with one or two others. We restricted our rental to blokes we knew were reliable and would commit to going to every host site so that no-one else was inconvenienced by having to leave early or sleep in and it worked out nicely. We were also sharing two room between us in motels pretty close together. Worked out very well in the end if you ignore the constant farting :(

Dave

We only started this thread 4 days ago and already interest is building fast. Rotordave started a thread on pinside and he's handling all the inquiries there. A lot of people know him from the comps that he and Danielle have entered. Apparently there's some top players interested.

Pincade made a mention in a podcast on the same day that the threads were started. Neat, eh?

http://www.head2headpinball.com/podcasts/ It's on the podcast dated 28 Aug around the 52 minute mark.