Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VPGL9.1 Game 5 Champions League Season 18 FINISHED

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Visual Pinball give me the shits sometimes. Just decided to have a game of this, loaded it up and the music is coming from the internal PC speaker while all other sounds are coming from the external speakers. I don't have PMD or SSF (yet) and have never had seperate sound outputs so why the hell would this change itself?

I'll look into it tomorrow.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    Visual Pinball give me the shits sometimes.
    only sometimes

When you have to maintain Vpinmame/SAM, Pin2DMD firmware, VP, B2s server, roms. if you use a front end then you need to maintain that and all the media, videos, dmd as well.

Add toppers, pinup player, audio-driven feedback, and these things require more time spent on software maintenance than anything in gaming i reckon!

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)

First game after adding SSF tactile feedback. Is it possible that it makes me a better player?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post

First game after adding SSF tactile feedback. Is it possible that it makes me a better player?
    I reckon it does, least it does for me. For the first time you have a real tactile feel in the ball, flippers, and all mechanical elements of every table. And chimes sound and feel fantastic too.

I haven't bothered with surround, I'm happy with just a pair of right/left exciters and one amp hooked into the playfield panel. Just my opinion.... but I think the whole SSF thing is overkill invented by OCD tweakers who don't play real pinball. Cause you don't notice feel through a cabinet that way (front/rear) when you play real pinball anyway!

That said, tactile feedback is da bomb, and it makes a massive difference to VP.

I might even get back to playing after the australian open is finally over
    Last edited by Jed; 26th January 2018 at 02:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information