Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cabinet ID

• Administrators
Ah ok. I mean are there any games that are dual dial for a single player.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Etcha-Sketch ;)

I don't know of any arcade game but their might be

Actually I have a vague recollection of a game (Arcade or maybe early console) where you controlled a paddle on the sides and top/bottom. One dial for vertical and one for horizontal.

Brad

Ah ok. I mean are there any games that are dual dial for a single player.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Caliber 50 using a rotary controller on a 8 way joystick per player but two, only one I can think that comes close is Williams Smash TV...2 X 8way joysticks per person, no buttons other than start buttons, just 4 joysticks.

Yeah there are a number of dual joystick games:

Robotron

Karate Champ

Smash TV

Crazy Climber

Brad

I really enjoy all of those. They have an aspect that makes people's brains hiccup. Watch a beginner play robotron - they walk and shoot the same direction until they click and get it. Likewise crazy climber, etc.

I guess the thing I was asking (poorly) are there any dial (or trackball or other weirdness) games that have that same slight weirdness to the controls that breaks people?

• Administrators

As I said in my previous post, none that I'm aware of except a vague recollection of a pong style game.

I agree on the twin sticks though. All good fun games though Crazy Climber to me was always hard to get used to.

Brad

Smash TV is pretty straight forward..Left joystick controls player direction and walk if held.....Right joystick is rapid fire in that direction.

I guess the most frustrating part of the game is constantly being swarmed by waves of guys with base ball bats that club you to death, Mines you tread on that explode and fat guys called Mr Shrapnel that blow up like suicide bombers blowing shrapnel in all directions.

What is cool is the rapid fire weapons you have and you can literally mow down enemies.

This is the game I kept in my Taito Defender red cabinet probably because of the satisfaction of simply massacring massive numbers of enemy but also it is so dammed hard and no real way of mastering because of it's random program.

A very typical US game made by Williams.