Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

arcade machine info

TWS

Hi i don't really know anything about arcade machines I'm more into pinball machines, i have seen the following machines listed and just wondering if someone could give advice to me about each

First one is:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carnegie/other-video-games-consoles/nba-jam-tournament-edition-arcade-machine/1156192806

Second one is : (obviously locally made but are they any good?)

https://www.ultracustomcabs.com.au/product-page/4-player-nba-jam-themed-machine

any thoughts appreciated

First one is a called a dedicated cabinet. Cabinet contains only 1 (original) game boardset, is the same cabinet as what you would play an arcade. This machine only has that 1 game shown and if you want to say is 'as built by the manufacturer'. Collectable, but remember this machine can be 25 years old :o possible maintenance or repairs cost can occur.

Second one is a NBA JAM themed MAME cabinet. Basically a normal computer (in this case running windows 10) & software suite that emulates or mimics other machines & consoles. Quite easy to build one yourself.

IMO if your goal is to purchase a real NBA JAM game then the dedicated cabinet is my choice. It is the only way to have that real arcade feel to it. If you would like to play other games besides NBA JAM and can put up with issues like some games not working or dont feel right go with the MAME. Better yet look into building one yourself! You will learn alot, its not very expensive and almost all of the parts are plug and play. There are heaps of instructions out there to do this.

Cabinet 1: Quality over quantity

Cabinet 2: Quantity over quality

Good luck with your purchase.

(or build);)