Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

WCS 94 Ramp Repair - help needed

Hi All,

I just picked up a WCS 94 that needs some love. There is a hole in the left ramp that needs to be repaired - the ball keeps escaping through it!

What is the best way to go about patching this up? Cheers!

IMG_20171212_204639.thumb.jpg.32037b7d468d03587d5fd87fec379073.jpg

I was not planning on keeping the machine for long and I'm trying to keep the cost down. I'll need to buy decals too with the new ramp :)

Furthermore, this area isn't visible when playing so I'm favouring a patch job.

- - - Updated - - -

I might give this a crack:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plastic-ramp-repair-process

Hi All,

I just picked up a WCS 94 that needs some love. There is a hole in the left ramp that needs to be repaired - the ball keeps escaping through it!

What is the best way to go about patching this up? Cheers!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121066[/ATTACH]

If your only going to flip it then market it to the upper price point... sell it as an LE " it has an extra feature built in.. not like those pro models". Comes with "invisi-ball lock".

Seriously it will be easier to sell with a decent ramp. Also look into attaching an extra metal "guide" to the diverter to ease it around the left curve away from the plastic. The ramp shots will feel more smooth and players "potentially the new owner" will enjoy it more.

Just a thought.

I was not planning on keeping the machine for long and I'm trying to keep the cost down. I'll need to buy decals too with the new ramp :)

Furthermore, this area isn't visible when playing so I'm favouring a patch job.

- - - Updated - - -

I might give this a crack:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plastic-ramp-repair-process

I just don't understand the logic here.

Its a clear ramp and a patch job as per the link will just look terrible. Im going to assume you'll be asking top dollar for the machine too.

The cost of a replacement will likely pay for itself in term of "patch material" and your time spent doing the repair.

Fiiiiiiine, I'll buy the ramp. I'm starting to like this machine as I'm restoring it and will probably do a full shop on it now.

And no @Lazarus, it was a well priced machine I wanted to bring back to life and send to a good home to someone on AA. I was going to price it for what it cost me. I'm a firm believer in making money elsewhere, not from the pinball community.

- - - Updated - - -

Now to find the ramp decals!

Also a question on the same line, where do you get the rivets to attach the metal components back to plastic ramps ? I think pspa have them but what are you using to press them ? or is there now a simpler alternative?

$100 for that ramp is an absolute steal!

I can tell you first hand what they cost to make (here in China for ours) and I can assure you - $100 - PPFFttttt BARGAIN!!!

yer worth a new ramp, and $100 is worth it.

finally something cheaper can be made in this country. that said Thats crazy you cant get them made cheaper than that.

If I supplied moulds to my local plastic shop who I dont consider the cheapest guys around, (but I do use them because they are local, are patient and I also build moulds for them)

I could confidently say I could get half a dozen of those ramps made for $100. even cheaper If i had multiple moulds being vacuum formed in one go and on larger orders.

Obviously Im not saying its worth making moulds for one ramp so why that price is worth paying, Im only referring to the part about production side of it like in your case in china where you would expect it tobe much cheaper than here, and you wouldnt be making only a dozan ramps, That is interesting insight I guess china is not always cheaper.

China is all about quantity. If I wanted 5000 ramps I'm sure I could get them made for $15 each.

I only want 100~200 at a time - not only for money considerations but SPACE!

We have spent 3 years designing up all parts and having them made in smaller quantities and the factory is filling up fast with 500 of 'this' - 1000 of 'that'.

Ramps are bulky, even our small one. It's also one reason I have held off making some of the more bulky things like ramps - just lack of space.

We are currently finishing an order of Hankin tables that will ship out before Christmas and are seriously getting squeezed.

The main thing that is certainly FAR cheaper in Australia compared to China is rent! I could get a similar place in Australia for half the money without trying. Landlords here have lost the plot....

Anyway, when you want to buy ONE RAMP (as in this thread), guess what - it's going to cost a LOT more than if you wanted 500. That's why I say $100, retail, for one ramp in this case is truly a bargain.

yer worth a new ramp, and $100 is worth it.

finally something cheaper can be made in this country. that said Thats crazy you cant get them made cheaper than that.

If I supplied moulds to my local plastic shop who I dont consider the cheapest guys around, (but I do use them because they are local, are patient and I also build moulds for them)

I could confidently say I could get half a dozen of those ramps made for $100. even cheaper If i had multiple moulds being vacuum formed in one go and on larger orders.

Obviously Im not saying its worth making moulds for one ramp so why that price is worth paying, Im only referring to the part about production side of it like in your case in china where you would expect it tobe much cheaper than here, and you wouldnt be making only a dozan ramps, That is interesting insight I guess china is not always cheaper.