Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Yes, I have a manual but it has nothing in regarding this set of switches. It seems to, as you suggested, add credits, but thats it. Need to figure out dip switch settings. I do have a small pcb board located inside the coin mech door on the right which says, steering pcb. This has one switch set...but it looks like steering only. Anyone else has any ideas please on dip switches for Super Off Road. Thanks.

IMG_9760.thumb.jpg.10c941628225d920e0818217ff982184.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]131577[/ATTACH]

This looks the same as yours. Do you know how they work?

Where do the wires on the toggle switch go to?

From the colours of the wires on the buttons, which are the colours given for the coin mechs on page 12 of the manual, I'm guessing Red will give player 1 credits, Yellow will give player 2 credits, Blue will give player 3 credits.

Yes. Thats seems to be the case. Credits only. My problem is the dip switch. The manual says to hold down the blue nitro whilst pressing the service switch but it is configured differently to the manual.

Service switch should be the white wire to P4, same connector that the red, yellow, and blue wires go to above.

Just checked. No white wire. Only red, yellow, blue and black to the 3 service buttons.

Well that would prevent you from being able to enter service mode.

Can you post a picture of P4 and P5?

Black toggle has two wires but doesn't seem to do anything when machine is on.

Trace them and see where they go.

• 3 weeks later...
PIMG_1047.thumb.jpg.534e5ef6ec7c6f1d0cce1990afdbfd85.jpg113237328_Image15-7-18at11_41am.thumb.jpg.77084f96b17f64d42e245c2ed970ba2b.jpgIMG_1050.thumb.jpg.091a720ee27557b5d7629be40f97b016.jpgedals have been sand blasted, powder coated, cleaned and rebuilt. Not sure wether I should have polished the chequer plate. But it will be used and abused, not there for its good looks. Steering control panel next, should I put a new overlay on it or just be happy with what it is? These pics are after the first scrub, they were disgusting and smelly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hows it going with the restore? I've got mine up and running and have changed over the control panel to the US version that has bearings for the wheel shafts, Oz version is bloody shit in comparison. I can't seem to get the yellow car steering to work as yet, red and blue are both fine and i know it's wired correctly now. I had to change the plug configurations cause the Oz cab 12 pin plug don't match the wiring for the US control panel 12 pin plug, and of course some of the wiring colour is different also. Apart from the yellow wheel not steering both the red and blue cars are flat chat throttle so i suspect the pots are probably cactus or wiring off, haven't looked as yet cause i'n trying to get the wheel sorted first. I've still got those spare steering wheels too by the way.

Hey Yobs

stuck with 2 of the the steering opto boards need replacing.

Few life hiccups have stopped me at the moment. Lucky I am in no rush hey?

cheers

post a pic of yours

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Yobs

cheers

post a pic of yours

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Yobs

cheers

post a pic of yours

550093877_Superoffroad1.thumb.jpg.19f1f55f1c3f943ffd00b2968c1e6504.jpg

1343361642_Superoffroad2.thumb.jpg.b5c412290568fe938288249df87332d4.jpg

Superoffroad3.thumb.jpg.ae493774101faa9962a3570574321ae1.jpg

1797204450_Superoffroad4.thumb.jpg.4eebc94f3aa319538bbc7ce2e24d2dab.jpg

1616981762_Superoffroad5.thumb.jpg.f5dc47b1f2ef992cd386f11cddddfe2a.jpg

These are the original pics i took when i got the machine but since swapped out that control panel for the US version, same size overall but the metal panels are different and attach differently also. I'll add some pics of the panel when i get the chance. I took the pedal assembly off today and realised that the red and blue pedals weren't connected to the piece of metal attached to the pots so that's sorted now and all 3 work. After a bunch of wire continuity testing i'm pretty sure that the yellow car steering isn't working due to a game board issue. The wheel opto board is getting it's 5V power and the 2 opto wires have continuity right back to the pins on the PCB so the problem lies with the PCB itself. If i get this panel sorted i still have the original Oz CPO with all 3 metal panels plus some steering wheels and 2 opto boards (can't be sure they work though) I've also got another US CPO but only have the yellow and 2 red panels for it plus full wiring loom.