Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Fast and Dirty Kiosk Conversion

Sweet. Interesting thread you created here mate. There are always people after user friendly jukebox setups like myself although I like video capability as well and no necessarily touch screen. Not sure if yours does video but seeing no video output, I'm presuming not.

As for the guy having issues uploading quickly and using a USB HDD, my solution is plug the USB HDD straight into the main PC in the house and use FileZella to transfer the content. It allows many transfers simultaneously, (up to 10 max I believe), that can be in both directions at the same time if need be.

A process I use uploading data quickly to Xboxes and if you know games you will also know how long it can take to copy over all those little and always different files that make up a game program. When you have a couple of TB of those files, I always figured to knock over a couple of TB a night was doing well.

FileZella also logs all errors making it really easy to spot immediately down to the kilobyte. It is also an outstanding program for shifting large files over the net working on both remote and local sites.

• Administrators

Yeah I always use Filezilla to upload to Xbox. Much much quicker. The problem here isn't the upload to the PC but the jukebox software building its music database. The bottleneck is the USB port speed is too damn slow for that size collection.

Happy to help on this stuff. Done a lot of jukes over the years and worked on thousands of computers =)

Packaging up this PC today so my mate can pick it up. Final photos to follow.

Should also mention that when syncing a LOT of files between PC's I do this over the network using this excellent tool

https://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/freeware-hub.html

Been using it for years

SyncBackFree

Brad

Edited by Brad

What would be the preferred method of completing a clean install? now that I have moved all my music to the computer HD it should run better, I still have a further 75gb of space so thats sufficient for now.

Should I just uninstall Etouch then reinstall and then add the music directory? or just point the current installation to the new location of the music?

Cheers

Steve

• Administrators

First, two major points/

E-Touch should never be installed in the Program Directory.

1 - Install it in say C:\E-Touch or whatever drive you want

2 - It should be set to run as Admin. Right-Click on the Icon, Compatibility mode and set to run as Admin

Then Run Config is Advanced Mode

Select Music, set the path to the new music folder.

Build Genre, Artist, Year etc clearing old.

Generate Thumbnails (First Cover Found)

Clear old lists etc and then Full Build...can't remember what its called.

Brad

• Administrators

Okay job done. It was a bit of a pain in the arse to be honest and I'll be glad to see the back of it lol. Taking that screen off was shitty as the bolts at the bottom are in a VERY awkward spot, especially since I broke my finger a few weeks ago.

Incidentally, the touchscreen drivers can be gotten from here:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/touch-systems-us/resources/3m-touch-drivers-and-kernel-patches/

The cooling fan above the audio amp is noisy as hell. You could replace it with a quiet one. Its just a PC part but I elected to snip the power wires to it. Despite the board having a modular plug, the wires had been soldered onto the pins. I suck at soldering so off they went and I just taped them up.

spacer.png

PC strapped up and wiring zip tied:

spacer.png

Windows 7 Ultimate 64(bit)

spacer.png

E-Touch up and running with the Metal Skin

spacer.png

Closeup

spacer.png

Playing a song

spacer.png

Okay word of warning, the in-built speakers as I predicted are ****ing terrible. They need to be replaced and a sub added. $50-$70 depending on your budget. Any cheaper and not worth it. The cab also needs a really good clean but I ain't doing his housework. I've spent way more time than I wanted on it.

Cheers,

Brad

• Administrators
Looks good, is that metal skin on the etouch forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yep but it hasn't been updated for the latest versions. Im running version 7 on this

Brad