Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Galaxian cocktail

Czero

Question

Hi guys I've just started work on a Galaxian cocktail I've been going through the power supply and im getting power to the board it's 7VAC whatever that means 7 V alternating current I guess and 12 VAC.

I know the monitor is working because when I unplug the board it has a green screen. When I plug the board in there and is nothing on the screen and it does not play blind does anyone have any ideas where do I go from here I'm stumped.

38b40c1b11b1f1c502ed959113a75de5.jpgdf674c43ab9037fc687b898fec838871.jpg fd8fa5c7190ee50f63b338776a4d8884.jpg3fb6d7458de7771e775db7efc9226ec6.jpg0ab4e9310378e5b4594691726ef86f4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade69fc0a6e36a882149fc4366eee48e002.jpgdfa96a8a4bfa1206b9cab8f6358e7836.jpg

Edited by Czero

15 answers to this question

Hi John

I tested the ROM chips and they were testing around 4.9 V now I tested what I think is the processor and I was getting about half a volt I've included a picture of that chip

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Hi John

I tested the ROM chips and they were testing around 4.9 V now I tested what I think is the processor and I was getting about half a volt I've included a picture of that chip

5f226083717ef59efbf1e9a7488cd312.jpg

You won't be able to measure the 5V on the processor the same way as shown in the vid, but that's irrelevant anyway.

Looking at the Z80 it looks very dirty with rusted pins. Worse yet is the condition of the PCB traces. The dark areas are rot, and will cause no end of issues. If it were me I'd convert it to a 60 in 1.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

What does an original board look like? Is it worth worrying about them, or just put the 60 in one in? I have an original Space Shuttle space invaders cocktail that has a galaxian board in it that I won't be using in the future. The board looks really good compared to the photos up there, it looks new. Though I'm only going on the fact that it is what is on the lictures under the glass, and I bought it not working. The whole machine looks really original, which makes me think it is what it says. Warwick.

What does an original board look like? Is it worth worrying about them, or just put the 60 in one in? I have an original Space Shuttle space invaders cocktail that has a galaxian board in it that I won't be using in the future. The board looks really good compared to the photos up there, it looks new. Though I'm only going on the fact that it is what is on the lictures under the glass, and I bought it not working. The whole machine looks really original, which makes me think it is what it says. Warwick.

The PCB pictured is an original Namco, but there are also Midway PCB's as well, which have Midway written on them.

The main reason I suggested a 60 in 1 is it's a lot easier and will give the owner more games to play anyway. He will still need to rewire the cab to JAMMA, and fit a simple 5V DC supply, but once this is done keeping the game running is a lot simpler.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.