Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Slot Machine "Twice the Ice"

Hi Guys,

I bought this slot machine "Twice the Ice" which is not working for now. You know how it is. You see something, you fall in love with it immediately, and then you ask yourself, WTF did I do how will I repair the stuff ?

IMG_20170801_165154.thumb.jpg.8e0093e236ca2ead6cd9d248726966ad.jpg

The PSU is a triple output, I get the electrical buzz when switched on but no power out to the other sub-units.

It seems very similar to arcade units for the general config.

IMG_20170802_105755.thumb.jpg.460879c3635fac242788bac8a8cc4b7e.jpg

So well, I thought that you guys could maybe tell how to "shortcut" the PSU to get it working switched out like for a PC

Jumpstart.jpg.0d76e762f36fc6277cf9645660ecf807.jpg

Any idea ?

Or better any idea how to investigate what is not working in this marvellous beast ? :)

Thanks

Awsome page / website / business you have there !

Plenty of history in those machines. Pieces of art really.

Mine is more common :)

No part was removed except the coin receiver. I checked and all the electronics are there. So probably a switch is down and the whole thing is not booting. Thus my need to understand how to know the power putput per cable plugged in the PSU to potentially plug another PSU to make it work without damaging more the toy.

Awsome page / website / business you have there !

Plenty of history in those machines. Pieces of art really.

Mine is more common :)

No part was removed except the coin receiver. I checked and all the electronics are there. So probably a switch is down and the whole thing is not booting. Thus my need to understand how to know the power putput per cable plugged in the PSU to potentially plug another PSU to make it work without damaging more the toy.

thats good nothing is missing,

Hello Slypinball,

On the machine itself, no. It is a universal "Williams" as described in the doc linked here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3AJ2O4Yu53MaXJIUG1xUUJWSWM

But the PSU has a reference which is different from the universal cabinet. The reference is

"WMS Gaming A-18938-0"1 and I cannot find anything on the web about this thing.

Many thanks in advance