Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jukebox Newbie

Gidday all,

Ive just started out on my Arcade pursuit and now the wife has chimed in and wants me to organise a Jukebox......After a little investigation...Im keen to try and build one from scratch. Would love to get some input from those in the know.

Im open to suggestions and only requirements would be, Touch screen, easy setup / maintenance and reasonably priced.

Please hit me with your suggestions on Cabinet, PC, Software, Monitor and speaker suggestions.........This would be a for use at home unit.

I have seen some converted slot machines and this is something that does interest me.

Thanks in Advance

Steve

Gidday all,

Ive just started out on my Arcade pursuit and now the wife has chimed in and wants me to organise a Jukebox......After a little investigation...Im keen to try and build one from scratch. Would love to get some input from those in the know.

Im open to suggestions and only requirements would be, Touch screen, easy setup / maintenance and reasonably priced.

Please hit me with your suggestions on Cabinet, PC, Software, Monitor and speaker suggestions.........This would be a for use at home unit.

I have seen some converted slot machines and this is something that does interest me.

Thanks in Advance

Steve

Do your 'slot' machines have touch screens?

I've converted a few touch screen poker machines and found drivers for the touch and used SK Jukebox. It has touch capabilities.

I use DELL 780 PCs in my jukeboxes. A little over $100 on ebay, dual screen output if needed, 4Gig RAM. Easy to get parts or replace if they fail.

Using an IPAC2 as a keyboard encoder to allow the original poker machine buttons to be used on the non touch screen machines.

I found touch screen overlays from China for $70 (free postage) and IPAC2 costs $67 + postage so touch is financially viable and 'feels' more professional.

I'm currently testing Zenpoint and Jukebox Jockey as a replacement for SK Jukebox. SK does the job and is free but the main screen looks a little last century.

Zenpoint looks the better of the 2 but bloody annoying to set up.

Jukebox Jockey looks good and easy to set up but I've noticed the video clips are a little pixelated but I'm looking into that later today.

As for cabinets, all my jukeboxes are in ex poker machines.

771520820_JukeboxBluechip.thumb.jpg.cf2d4d64a19ecc60f166176d49144196.jpg

1524903611_JukeboxKonami.thumb.jpg.4ec0282c943ebd5bb81e97a4ddd869bc.jpg

I hope that helps.

Do your 'slot' machines have touch screens?

I've converted a few touch screen poker machines and found drivers for the touch and used SK Jukebox. It has touch capabilities.

I use DELL 780 PCs in my jukeboxes. A little over $100 on ebay, dual screen output if needed, 4Gig RAM. Easy to get parts or replace if they fail.

Using an IPAC2 as a keyboard encoder to allow the original poker machine buttons to be used on the non touch screen machines.

I found touch screen overlays from China for $70 (free postage) and IPAC2 costs $67 + postage so touch is financially viable and 'feels' more professional.

I'm currently testing Zenpoint and Jukebox Jockey as a replacement for SK Jukebox. SK does the job and is free but the main screen looks a little last century.

Zenpoint looks the better of the 2 but bloody annoying to set up.

Jukebox Jockey looks good and easy to set up but I've noticed the video clips are a little pixelated but I'm looking into that later today.

As for cabinets, all my jukeboxes are in ex poker machines.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]114646[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]114647[/ATTACH]

I hope that helps.

Thanks for all the info..........very helpful for getting started

I don't have a Slot machine as yet. If you have a contact to purchase one that would be appreciated. I have found a couple but they are all in working condition so the prices are higher. Is it worth while contacting the the slot machine suppliers around the country looking for disused machines?

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for all the info..........very helpful for getting started

I don't have a Slot machine as yet. If you have a contact to purchase one that would be appreciated. I have found a couple but they are all in working condition so the prices are higher. Is it worth while contacting the the slot machine suppliers around the country looking for disused machines?

Cheers

Steve

Go to the smaller clubs and pubs and explain you only want them for the cabinet. Some actually dump them, such a waste. I work in the gaming industry so know a lot of the site owners so that helps so I can tell them I'll take the old one and gut it and reused the gutted parts for repairs.

The 2 pictured I got for nothing. Others I've paid about $100 each and $200 for a flasher aristrocrat viridian model which was a bargain as it turns out he could have got $500 the next day from another club.

• 3 weeks later...