Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern to improve their marketing. Hope so!!

Ferro

Zach Sharpe – New Director of Marketing at Stern Pinball

By IFPA • August 11, 2017

geekguy_zach2-300x225

Elk Grove Village, IL – August 11, 2017 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world’s oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, announced today the hiring of Zach Sharpe as Director of Marketing. Zach will take on marketing accountabilities from recently promoted Jody Dankberg who will serve as the New Director of Licensing and New Business Development. Zach most recently worked as Senior Marketing Producer for world renowned marketing agency iris Worldwide where he excelled at integrated marketing, social media, community engagement, consumer marketing, and strategy development.

In addition to Zach’s many professional accomplishments, Zach is a passionate pinball enthusiast who is currently the #1 ranked pinball player in the world. Zach has also extended his love of pinball by serving as Vice President of the International Flipper Pinball Association, and currently writing game reviews for Play Meter Magazine.

Zach will lead SPI in expanding its rapidly growing global business while focusing on extending the Stern entertainment experience within the consumer, commercial, and competitive player brand portfolio including pinball machines, merchandise, and accessories.

“With Jody focusing on growing our digital, private label, accessories, and merchandise portfolio while managing Stern’s critical licensing partnerships, Zach will add a heightened level of customer engagement. This dynamic duo continues Stern’s commitment to supporting our theme of Everything Pinball,” said John Buscaglia, Chief Revenue Officer of Stern Pinball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Community engagement"

Express an opinion that goes against the corp on their facebook page? Banned.

I hope they can change that ;)

Talking with customers, even when something is not rosey is not actually a bad thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the predecessor has now moved to quality control either she did a bad job in marketing and has been side stepped or she can see that the quality needs to be improved.

"He" - I made the same mistake a while back and was corrected.

Heard of "A boy named Sue"?

I hear so many people bag the crap out of Stern for so many reasons including quality control, I myself think they need to pick up there game in that department, yet they are still the top selling pinball manufacture in the world selling many pinball machines that are less than top quality at over the top prices and people are queuing up like crazy to buy every machine that comes out of the factory including many on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Administrators
I hear so many people bag the crap out of Stern for so many reasons including quality control, I myself think they need to pick up there game in that department, yet they are still the top selling pinball manufacture in the world selling many pinball machines that are less than top quality at over the top prices and people are queuing up like crazy to buy every machine that comes out of the factory including many on this forum.

Its the shiny leds I tells ya.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Please Stern, add a proper head quality Control officer instead and you wont need a marketing campaign.

This is the standard practice for companies that are growing so large that the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Usually sanctioned by other white collar workers in the organisation to draw the heat away from them.

It is a classic case of too many cooks and nobody willing to accept responsibility for the cockups.

Ive been saying this for a while now, people just keep lining up for them.

The only thing holding them is the themes. Stern have great themes.

But I really feel people are now starting to back away from Stern.

They are the only real game in town at the moment, the other ones are more boutique other than JJP and their themes are not to everyones taste. They are getting a free run with pricing due to the silly prices older williams games are getting now.

Ive been saying this for a while now, people just keep lining up for them.

The only thing holding them is the themes. Stern have great themes.

But I really feel people are now starting to back away from Stern.

And they can now Mark as we have choice and some pretty good choice at that. It's that choice that SHOULD make Stern lift their game. You only have to look at how many other brands have sold x number of machines for Stern to see how much of the consumer dollars that have lost. Some maybe be left based on theme but a lot would be the consumer voting with their wallets somewhere else. I love Stern games but quality and content can't keep getting ignored and Stern should realise this. How can they not? Maybe SW will be the turning point as it seems to be a global feeling of discontent on what could have been done regarding what is probably one of the biggest licences on the planet. Why wouldn't you try to to the whole hog. Extra lights like STLE shaker included mirror backglass include. The whole nine yards hell they could have sold 2000 LEs in my opinion if they got this right. My 2c worth.