Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Eh, say hello to my little friend, Q*bert

Very nice to see

I love the game and cab style too

One day . . .

So are you going original or alternate internal parts?

I gave up on original parts a while ago just getting to expensive. A raspberry pi, booting into qbert rom only.

cheers

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, after lengthy period of procrastination on how to mount an MCA joystick from underneath the mdf control panel. It is finally in. I routed a space leaving about 6mm of mdf to attach it too. This method shortens the length that the shaft protrudes through the micro switches. I had to shorten the length of the rubber collar so I could fit the e clip. Edited by philby85

20180409_120916.thumb.jpg.92c0793f5bc05fd7c6f85769b7764b07.jpg

Ok so here is how attached the MCA joystick. I routed out as much as I could it still have the mdf strong enough where mounted. This leaves the shaft a little short than it should be coming through the micro switches. Whilst it works intermittently looks like i will need to lengthen said shaft somehow. Any ideas ? No rude comments lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127401[/ATTACH]

Ok so here is how attached the MCA joystick. I routed out as much as I could it still have the mdf strong enough where mounted. This leaves the shaft a little short than it should be coming through the micro switches. Whilst it works intermittently looks like i will need to lengthen said shaft somehow. Any ideas ? No rude comments lol.

Jeebus, joystick shafts are hardened polished steel, aren't they? If you can't pad the actuator with some flexible hose or something i'd guess it's not going to work.

Jeebus, joystick shafts are hardened polished steel, aren't they? If you can't pad the actuator with some flexible hose or something i'd guess it's not going to work.

This is what i ended up doing I bought some plastic feet for a small chair and cutting it too size.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, sometimes things don't work out as intended. I was unable to mount the MCA joystick on the wooden control panel. Bummer because it looked very similar to the Qbert joystick. Switched to a Black baton joystick mounted and working perfectly. As usual Raspberry Pi booting straight into a single rom ie Qbert. Needs side art and coin door but that will come later. So for now finished and on to the next one.

qbert1.thumb.jpg.4a37b94a39c2caf6f31ce0bda76c979c.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 years later...

Wow!! This looks incredible - You wouldn't be interested in making one for me per chance? Just live down the road in little old Brisbane town :D

I have happened across an original Q*Bert PCB and Sound Board and I want to make a repro shortly, it's the Wife's fave and I really need the brownie points after what I spent building my Donkey Kong cab!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Wow!! This looks incredible - You wouldn't be interested in making one for me per chance? Just live down the road in little old Brisbane town :D

I have happened across an original Q*Bert PCB and Sound Board and I want to make a repro shortly, it's the Wife's fave and I really need the brownie points after what I spent building my Donkey Kong cab!!

I can make one for sure. Send me a PM if you are still interested.