Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Coil winder in Diyode magazine

BIG Trev

I made one years ago for winding transformers for a 12volt 2 foot fluro project I still have today.

Using parts I had around the house a sewing machine motor and pedal assembly was used.

I fitted a chuck from an old drill, (I was winding on a piece of ferite rod)

On the motor shaft I welded on a lug that a micro switch arm worked on.

The micro would send a pulse every turn to a old mechanical coin meter.

I would write down the coin meter number, add to this number the required amount of turns, ( one of the 3 windings on this trany was 726 turn)

Knowing what the coin meter number had to get to, I would push my foot on the motor pedal, spinning the ferite rod and watch the coin meter until it got to the number required.

As simple as this sounds, it never missed a beat and I wound over 30 of these transformers.

You can make one on the cheap that will be long lasting, simple mechanical counter on a spindle where you can wind the coil.

I agree with that @angs1957 and I certainly steer clear of anything with stepper motors fitted. Those things have a habit of smoking the motor and the board and then are throwaways.

I really got to hate stepper motors believe me.