Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tesla madness !

Ando77

correct,

hence why an 1/8 mile racer doesn't need to rely as much on the HP.

But in saying that

There would be plenty of ways to beat an electric powered car with a petrol motor.

You can setup up a petrol car to make a bucket load of down-low torque, through manifold styles all the way down to what Auto is used with a stall converter and low diff gears.

That example Vintage posted is racing against cars who are setup to race other petrol motors, not to race Electric motors, you could setup a petrol engine to happily race an electric motor easy enough. you would just have to work out where the power needs tobe.I would suspect right down low,

I guess the element of surprise is where these electric cars are good at, if you dont understand how much torque an electric motor actually puts down to the ground. lol

I think a diesel engine would give you a head start

As far as I understand the electric motor develops its maximum torque from zero rpm and pieters out. So not requiring the clutch or gearbox at all. The twin motors allow the stepped setup, giving more "legs" after the torque has faded off, by feeding in paralel rather than series for the launch. Like a powerglide for your electric datsun :P

It says Ninja in the details. And by the sound a 1000

there's a lot of different models of Ninja. this one's a ZX10-R. No match for these teslas.

Both these Teslas would be crushed by the Kwaka H2R Ninja (998cc) which can hit speeds of 400 kmh :)

Bloody electric motors. The Tesla's use a multipole ac motor with full VF control ! WTF does this mean, basically they can give full instantaneous torque and revs to the motor ! But they dont ! Why ? Because the wheels would not keep efficient traction ! So they use a linear acceleration that gives the fastest acceleration without loss of traction ! I work in the lift industry that has used this for a couple of decades, we can do the same with lifts, but the motor can spin so fast the ropes break traction and cant keep up ! We have to accelerate lineally to 12 metres per second, but have to tone it down so the human body can cope...if we accelerate vertically above 9.6 m/s you would free fall ! I never thought i would see this technology in a car, but hey its the F U T U R E !

Bloody electric motors. The Tesla's use a multipole ac motor with full VF control ! WTF does this mean, basically they can give full instantaneous torque and revs to the motor ! But they dont ! Why ? Because the wheels would not keep efficient traction ! So they use a linear acceleration that gives the fastest acceleration without loss of traction ! I work in the lift industry that has used this for a couple of decades, we can do the same with lifts, but the motor can spin so fast the ropes break traction and cant keep up ! We have to accelerate lineally to 12 metres per second, but have to tone it down so the human body can cope...if we accelerate vertically above 9.6 m/s you would free fall ! I never thought i would see this technology in a car, but hey its the F U T U R E !

3 phase AC induction motor with variable frequency control:)

true, i'd like to see a vid with an H2 taking on these teslas, might be closer...

I don't believe any current Tesla could keep up with a H2,it's a different level

this channel has some h2 races,the cars they keep up with average 1000hp at the wheels which will rape Tesla on the roll

Hey @toads, I looked it up. its a 3 phase 4 pole motor ! so 12 pole windings ! This is still old school ! Wait until they go 12 phase 48 pole motors.....oh I cant wait for the F U T U R E...

- - - Updated - - -

@vintage, its all power to weight . But an electric motor can go to full speed within less than a second, none of those nasty friction and mechanical losses that a nasty combustion engine has, they are already using electrical bikes in proper races. They can do a short race, but the battery limits the laps they can do. As battery power , efficiency and size gets better, so unfortunately shall the internal combustion engine fade away. HOWEVER ! Us as humans, thankfully, love the sound , sensation and Throb ! of a powerful and thankfully loud combustion engine ! Sales of the Ford Mustang prove this ! So Viva the V8 is what I have to say :D

Old school 3 phases, 6 , 12 multiphase ! more torque less juice needed for the same result, hope your not flooded up there @toads

All good here a few roads were rivers but not too bad this way.

Look out for the future I agree.

The tech is getting better n better.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...