Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Townsville Christmas Bash 2017

Hi Guys,

Hosting another Christmas Pinball bash at my place this year. IFPA comps x 2 pending approval.

When: Sat 30th Dec 2017. Comp will start at 9am sharp, people can arrive from 8am.

Where: My place - Alligator Creek, 20 mins south of Townsville

Cost: $15 - $20, includes lunch and some trophys/prizes

Who: Anyone

Main Comp format ($15 entry): 4 round matchplay event with top 8 progressing to finals (details below)

Round 1:

4 player games on 3 machines.

Players grouped randomly

IFPA scoring (7 for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 1 for 4th)

Round 2:

4 player games on 3 machines

Players grouped based on Round 1 seeding (tiered Swiss)

Round 3:

Players grouped based on Round 2 seeding (tiered Swiss)

Round 4:

Players grouped based on Round 3 seeding (tiered Swiss)

After Round 4, top 8 progress to the semi-finals

Semi Final:

4 player games on 3 machines randomly selected

2 groups of 4 based on seeding 1,4,5,8 and 2,3,6,7

IFPA scoring (7 for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 1 for 4th) - the top 2 from each group will progress to the Final

Final:

4 player games on 3 machines.

In the event of any round having a tied ranking for the final or to make the cut for a qualifying round, those players who are tied will play a multiplayer tiebreaker game on a single machine randomly drawn.

Side comp ($5 entry) : Single ball of death (plunge 1st 2 balls with only nudging allowed, 3rd ball played as per normal)

This is just intended as a bit of a fun event, and will have a reasonable degree of luck involved. These games can be played between rounds, or if a machine is free during a round (you need to ensure there are no groups waiting to play it). Need to play in groups of at least 2, to record scores.

Qualifying:

Will be conducted on 3 machines: Sinbad, Paragon and Rolling Stones

You must plunge the first 2 balls, and NO FLIPPER hits are allowed before or during the ball is in play. Nudging is permitted. If a player accidently touches the flippers once during either of the first 2 balls, their score will be recorded as whatever the score is after draining that ball. If the flippers are touched more than once in the first two balls, they will have a score of 0 recorded for that game.

The 3rd ball can be played as normal

Scores will be recorded for each player with scores ranked highest to lowest. Highest score will get 100 points, with decreasing values from there using the scoring system where 1st position gets 100 points, 2nd 97, 3rd 95, 4th 94 and decreasing by 1 point from there.

The top 4 ranked scores will play a best of 3 (on the same 3 machines), under the same rules (ie: first 2 balls plunged, no flippers), 3rd ball played as per normal.

Scoring will be IFPA 7,5,3,1 for the finals component.

Times: 9am sharp kickoff (arrive from 8am) , finish around 1:30pm or so, people can hang around a bit, but not all arvo/night please!

Likely Machines: No Good Gophers, Johnny Mnemonic, Twilight Zone (hopefully its finished by then!), Creature from the Black Lagoon, ACDC, XMen, Medieval Madness, Paragon, Rolling Stones (Bally), Sinbad, Pirates of the Carribean, Spiderman, Dr Who

Let me know if you are keen and i will get cracking to organise

@AlexMc, @Pinlock5, @Wiked, @Davespinball, @ctucker, @Ando77, @pingun, @blown36, @BluebellC, @jason_giant89 or any other locals or travellers who might be around

We will provide a sausage sizzle for lunch, and maybe some goodies for smoko. Feel free to bring any nibblies and BYOG - kids will prob sell some soft drinks on the day.

If you haven't been to my place before, PM me for address details

Edited by robm

Hi Guys,

Gauging interest for another Christmas Pinball bash at my place this year. Just seeing if people are around and would be interested - if so, i will organise an IFPA comp (and maybe even a side comp), but this will need to happen fairly quickly.

Proposed idea:

When: Sat 30th Dec 2017

Where: My place - Alligator Creek, 20 mins south of Townsville

Cost: $15 - $20, would include lunch and some trophys/prizes

Who: Anyone

Comp format: Probably a 4 round matchplay event with top 8 progressing to finals

Side comp: Single ball of death (plunge 1st 2 balls with only nudging allowed, 3rd ball played as per normal), or something else

Times: 9am sharp kickoff, finish around 1:30pm or so, people can hang around a bit, but not all arvo/night please!

Likely Machines: No Good Gophers, Johnny Mnemonic, Twilight Zone (hopefully its finished by then!), Creature from the Black Lagoon, ACDC, XMen, Medieval Madness, Paragon, Rolling Stones (Bally), Sinbad, Pirates of the Carribean, Spiderman, Dr Who

Let me know if you are keen and i will get cracking to organise

@AlexMc, @Pinlock5, @Wiked, @Davespinball, @ctucker, @Ando77, @pingun, @blown36, @BluebellC, @jason_giant89 or any other locals or travellers who might be around

Hey, I'll be in Townsville over Christmas, convinced my partner to stay an extra night. So I'll be keen to come of somethings on!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hey, I'll be in Townsville over Christmas, convinced my partner to stay an extra night. So I'll be keen to come of somethings on!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

No worries. Sounds like it will be a goer. Pm me for address details closer to the time.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Our award winning pinball players are coming from Mackay to sort you Townsvill-iers out this year and take the awards and prizes. Unfortunately, due to this major talent attending and impending pinball playing embarrassment on my part, I can’t make it, been playing heaps of Gottlieb Teed Off and Sega Maverick in preparation for the event too. The boys should be ready to kick arse in your comp and wish them all the best. Merry Christmas too Rob and Alex and your families’

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Just a bump if any other members are going to be around Townsville before New Years.

Potc is out but Dialed In is in!

de30badf7396526e09f5210b14277dc6.jpg

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Wish I could be there. Looks like it is going to be a cracker. Congrats on the new Dialed In mate.......Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Hey @Macilence, are you still planning to be around? Sent a pm a while ago, but wanted to confirm you have my address.

Machines are all close to ready, will set tilts a bit tighter the day before so i don't have the home court advantage! Just got Johnny Mnemonic shopped out, it is one seriously fast game all clean.

Great day mate. Many thanks to you and Mel. Dialled in was a sure treat.

Agreed great day. Was very impressed with dialed in. Love to had a good go at it. I think its going to be up there with the greats i think

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yep, Had a blast again, was good to also catch up with a few more locals who hadn't been to the last few comps.

Thanks everyone for coming, and good competition.

Results

Single Ball of Death

1 Mick Collins

2 Rob Milla

3 Chris Rutherford

4 Chris Sommerville

Main Comp

1 Jason Lynch

2 Rob Milla

3 Alex McClarty

4 Shane Ramsbotham

Also great representation from juniors - Ava qualified 5th overall for the main comp, Harvey (who hadn't played a pinball up until 2 days before the comp!) qualified equal 8th and Lewis qualified 12th. Some great talent comping through!

Thanks also to Melinda and Laura for home cooked morning tea and lunch!

Nice comp there Rob. Sorry I couldn’t be there to take a win and trophy!! Dave didn’t go as well as I hoped for Mackay but better luck when we are there in the next comp.