Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Funhouse "Missing Ball" Issue

RaoulJuke

Question

1.thumb.jpg.e7d081601f290e66c06e59b94758a009.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.6b10f39e8b81edb6bcdbd13233727415.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.0d67a5cfc21d530afac9d3a89861a03f.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.e7d081601f290e66c06e59b94758a009.jpg

Hi everyone,

Pretty new to this pinball caper, was hoping you might be able to help me with a bit of a repair.

Have a "Funhouse" which today started having an issue where when the ball was hit into the open Trap door on the right lane, the ball would not kick back out. This issue would then happen when hit into the front right hole - again, no ball would kick-out.

When I do a test, it keeps stating Missing Ball. When I lift the table up I have been able to get 2 balls out, but the 3rd i can't find but suspect it is somewhere near the "Trap Door" .

Ive lifted up the table and pretty sure i may have found the issue, a wire appears to be disconnected to eh mechanism, directly under the trap door (red circled in images). It appears to me the that disconnected "yellow/green" wire needs to be soldered back onto the right matching side of the mechanism which also has a "Yellow/Green" wire connected to it.

Is this accurate? I do have a soldering iron and some sort of solder wire to attempt this, just want to make sure I am correct in attempting it & doing so won't possibly cause any damage. If anyone has any advice on how best to reconnect it, etc - I'm all ears - total newbie to all this stuff

Thanks in advance! Have upload some pics

7 answers to this question

Sure is!

There is your simple answer right there :D

You will probably find your ball is stuck above that solenoid and not being kicked out.

The long answer would have been, solder the wire, turn the machine on, play a game :lol

just an update guys - had my first crack at doing an electronic repair to a table and won't ya know - it worked! Only issue i had was trying to locate the "missing balls". Once i fixed the issue it kicked out 1 ball, but could not for the life of my find the other 2!

Spent 15 minutes looking everywhere to see where it was stuck then remembered i had actually taken the "non missing" balls out the night before and put them somewhere "safe" as Elvis (my 3 yo son) kept trying to knick off with them when i had the glass off. Once i found them upstairs in a coffee cup, i was good to go :lol