Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Playfield paint

I have done some test pieces on a dead old Tmnt playfeild using the art shop acrylic, including trial of a low Nox 2pack clear over it. The biggest challenge I have found is mixing and matching the colours, since the acrylic paint seems to dry much darker than it is when it is applied, a bit of trial and error there. The clear has had no reaction with the acrylic paint I have used, nor with the data east playfield paint. Still need to practice the steady hand part for detailed work :redface

I have switched to Createx paints. They have a high solids content and though they are acrylics they don't seem to darken when cleared.

I have a full set of opaques with a few flouros.

I recon these were suggested by Vid1900 or someone else from Pinside.

Available HERE in Australia

I have switched to Createx paints. They have a high solids content and though they are acrylics they don't seem to darken when cleared.

I have a full set of opaques with a few flouros.

I recon these were suggested by Vid1900 or someone else from Pinside.

Available HERE in Australia

I think Aldi had the basic createx colours for sale last week and also the air brush kits.

I recommend Protex inks for airbrushing they are not cheap but if your into airbrushing then you'll appreciate the product.

why is that? Does it flow better or something? My kind of touch ups would be mask and spray solid colours rather than produce artwork. So is protex still a better product for the dollars. I still haven't found a paint I like for my simple touch ups. Thanks

Quote @PinballGod:why is that? Does it flow better or something? My kind of touch ups would be mask and spray solid colours rather than produce artwork. So is protex still a better product for the dollars. I still haven't found a paint I like for my simple touch ups. Thanks

Protex is more liquid ink type latex and as its very liquid, can be used on cotton and permanently set with an iron and coats well under clear coats. Designed for airbrush use you would be able to brush it on for detailed work as it should smooth out well without evidence of brush strokes.

I have used Createx acrylics for some time with good success on playfields. Recommended by vid9000 on Pinside; check out his playfield restoration thread for more info on them. For cabinet work I use the cheaper paints that Aldi sell from time to time, which work quite well also.

Quote @PinballGod:why is that? Does it flow better or something? My kind of touch ups would be mask and spray solid colours rather than produce artwork. So is protex still a better product for the dollars. I still haven't found a paint I like for my simple touch ups. Thanks

Protex is more liquid ink type latex and as its very liquid, can be used on cotton and permanently set with an iron and coats well under clear coats. Designed for airbrush use you would be able to brush it on for detailed work as it should smooth out well without evidence of brush strokes.

must talk more on this as it sounds exactly what I needed for my Space invaders. It sounds like it would have done an even better job on my touchups

• 3 weeks later...