Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

ALDI mobile

erm, just a heads up on Aldi mobile...

approx 2 x years ago, i purchased a 10gb pack for 99 Dollars, seems great. took it away to tuncurry for a boys weekend and was streaming US Sports live through it great, until aprrox 3am when it disconnected. after trying to reconnect we gave up and went to sleep.

in the morn, i rang aldi mobile, to be told that my usage at tuncurry at approx 3am had seriously impacted their network, and as a result of being in breach of their "F.U.P." Fair Use Policy, i had to forfeit my remaining data.

seriously, how many ppl were using mobile data in off peak season on beachside tuncurry at 3am..

i explained to the operator, its like caltex selling me petrol that i can use any day of the week, except on sundays...

since then, ive used amaysim no problems.

buyer beware.

Edited by Dam0
typo

Super pack for 1 year. $250 with 42 gb. Can't go wrong

I tend to use 5-7gig a month from just streaming music on the way to and from work and that's about it. So that 42g probably isn't enough. Will probably try the $35 plan and see how it goes

- - - Updated - - -

erm, just a heads up on Aldi mobile...

approx 2 x years ago, i purchased a 10gb pack for 99 Dollars, seems great. took it away to tuncurry for a boys weekend and was streaming US Sports live through it great, until aprrox 3am when it disconnected. after trying to reconnect we gave up and went to sleep.

in the morn, i rang aldi mobile, to be told that my usage at tuncurry at approx 3am had seriously impacted their network, and as a result of being in breach of their "F.U.P." Fair Use Policy, i had to forfeit my remaining data.

seriously, how many ppl were using mobile data in off peak season on beachside tuncurry at 3am..

i explained to the operator, its like caltex selling me petrol that i can use any day of the week, except on sundays...

since then, ive used amaysim no problems.

buyer beware.

Unfortunately amaysim use FLOPtus so yeah I'll pass

• 3 weeks later...

I have had an ALDI mobile card for a few years now.

My main gripe with EVERY other deal was the monthly charge. On the plan I have there is no monthly charge.

With ALDI I only pay for what I use and, as I am only in Australia for a couple of months a year, I am not paying $25~80 a month FOR NOTHING!

Works fine for me.

What's kogan like ?

just seen a deal that u pay the whole year upfront

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Looks pretty awesome but it’s on Vodafone network. I haven’t been on Vodafone in about 8 years so couldn’t comment on their network. Aldi is good because it’s on the Telstra network. And that’s why I ultimately decided to go with them. FLOptus service (at least in the areas I go Blacktown and Campbelltown) and customer service is terrible. I do like FLOptus’ nbn though but it was an ordeal to get it setup. Once done it’s been going solid for 2-3 years.

So far so good I have to give Aldi the thumbs up for using the Telstra network I get reception at home and can actually make phone calls! Oh and I can stream my music all the way to and from work! FLOptus used to drop out a few times each way oh and the call drop outs too! Super glad I made the change! If you’re on the edge of changing I’d recommend you do it

I've been using ALDI mobile for 6 months or so. I bought their yearly phone package, can't remember how much it cost, but it came with 42gigs of data for the whole year and was a really good deal. As I don't use much mobile data, 3.5 gigs a month is massive for me. I've been really happy with their network. Fast internet, good quality calls, no problems at all. This is in inner Brisbane, can't speak for anywhere except there.

Hi Guys,

I’ve just switched over to Aldi Mobile today. My port went across no problems from Optus.

My mother, on the other hand, has not been so lucky. She can make outgoing calls and texts no problem, but cannot receive anything incoming. Dialling her number and you get the standard Optus disconnection message.

Phone customer service is hopeless and I’ve raised an e-ticket without any response.

Apple is adamant it has nothing to do with the handset and that it is a porting issue.

Has anyone else had these problems with Aldi? It’s not a lot of fun since I am a widowed father and my mother is looking after my daughter all school holidays for her to be incommunicado. At least with Telstra, Optus and co. There is a physical store presence for issues. The Aldi call centre is almost impossible to understand.

Also for those of you who have Aldi Mobile using an iPhone, do your network settings say Telstra? I’m presuming that’s normal since they are a Telstra reseller.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Cheers :-)

Hi Guys,

I’ve just switched over to Aldi Mobile today. My port went across no problems from Optus.

My mother, on the other hand, has not been so lucky. She can make outgoing calls and texts no problem, but cannot receive anything incoming. Dialling her number and you get the standard Optus disconnection message.

Phone customer service is hopeless and I’ve raised an e-ticket without any response.

Apple is adamant it has nothing to do with the handset and that it is a porting issue.

Has anyone else had these problems with Aldi? It’s not a lot of fun since I am a widowed father and my mother is looking after my daughter all school holidays for her to be incommunicado. At least with Telstra, Optus and co. There is a physical store presence for issues. The Aldi call centre is almost impossible to understand.

Also for those of you who have Aldi Mobile using an iPhone, do your network settings say Telstra? I’m presuming that’s normal since they are a Telstra reseller.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Cheers :-)

We switched our three mobiles ( 2 iPhones and a 3G Alarm dialler ) to Aldi mobile from Pennytel in October and it went smoothly, but took a couple of days to port.

The iPhones show Telstra as the network.

Your mother’s problem sounds like a porting issue. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks for that.

It's all come good in the end after harassing them.

Seems like it was a porting issue.

I'll reserve judgment on Aldi for a bit.

The signal strength doesn't seem as potent here as Optus (god forbid)

My signal strength at home is the same as what I was with FLOptus but I can actually make clear phone calls and send texts where as with FLOptus I could barely make a phone call that dropped in and out all the time unless I stood on one leg holding my right pinkie toe to my left forefinger and chanting “please make a phone call and don’t be overcast hummina hummina”!