Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Can you name these arcade parts

Hi all.

Just trying to understand a little bit more about the parts inside my cocktail and need some help to identify what the parts are and what they do.

Here are some pics

1. This part is behind the coin box. Here is a photo from the coin box entry. It appears to have 2 wires going to it from the harnes

405148094_Coinboxentry.thumb.jpg.a3c6e4163b5972abcfc50c523fa55c0f.jpg

Here is a pic from inside cocktail behind coin box

303290320_Behindcoinbox.thumb.jpg.0ef13250f7bd2044e0b7e1633e06e38b.jpg

2. The next part is this. I believe this is the power box and transformer box? Out of the black box it has wires going to power the monitor and another set of wires going to this next thing. See pic 3.

131199230_PowerandTransformer.thumb.jpg.192831c4ac911dc04bb88d8190ced4a4.jpg

3. I have no idea what this is or what it is doing. The coloured wires going to the top of it have all been cut after the connector, further wires are cut coming from underneath and the only remaining wire still attached is yellow coming from the harness.

Thingy.thumb.jpg.96479e94a054c8c591dc94fd9f478acb.jpg

Cheers.

Pic 1: The coin box would have had a coin counter on it at some stage, the pins connect to that.

Pic 2: Two transformers, the one going to the monitor would be an isolation transformer (drops voltage from 240v AC to 100v AC), the other would be a multi tap transformer supplying various voltages to the PCB in Pic 3.

Pic 3: This looks like a regulated power supply, the black square on the PCB at bottom left is a bridge rectifier which changes the voltage from AC to DC.

There a good chance that the cab had a new arcade power supply fitted at some stage so the wires on the PCB were cut.

Don't go poking around without some knowledge, It could end in tears. The CRT (picture tube) holds high voltage even when turn off for months or even years so be careful what you touch. Also it looks like you have two transformers in there, possible one is a 110vac and the other 240vac to 110vac. Meaning the game was probably built for the USA (110vac) but needs an Australian (240vac) transformer so it will work here. Don't mix up the wiring what ever you do, take lots of photos.

Thanks for the replies.

After much research I have removed the monitor and discharged safely before I start the next step.

It has had a newer power supply fitted (a black tower) with all the volts marked on the corresponding screw attach sockets.

The gold looking transformer has leads going to the black transformer and to the 2 AC connections on the newer black tower PSU.

The black transformer has leads going to the cabinet fan and monitor.

The thing in pic 3 (regulating power supply) does appear to be powering the coin mech.

I think the back yard spider had a family here.

I will look around the site more as my intention is to Jamma this cocktail up keeping its integrity.

I believe I will need to keep the transformers etc. to power the old Sanyo 13inch arcade monitor.

Thanks.

Also it looks like you have two transformers in there, possible one is a 110vac and the other 240vac to 110vac. Meaning the game was probably built for the USA (110vac) but needs an Australian (240vac) transformer so it will work here. Don't mix up the wiring what ever you do, take lots of photos.

These cocktails were never produced in the U.S.A. so it will be 100v (Japan) and not 110v (U.S.A.).

Here's my suggestion, gut the wiring completely and start from scratch.

You will need to keep the transformer that is powering the monitor.

Looks like the other transformer and board with wires cut was possibly powering a coin counter and/or coin mech lockout coil (stops coins being accepted when cabinet is switched off).

Fit a Jamma loom, keep the arcade power supply (black tower) if it's working.

It will simplify everything and ensure all connections are good.

Thank you Kaizen.

You are so helpfull.

It does go to a coin lockout coil which still works.

I think i will also invest in a new psu.

I was thinking of a jamma harness from diy arcade as they are located in the same town as me.

Has any one got ine of these? Im hoping they come with numbers on the bridge and connectors on the ends.

Thanks again.