Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Anyone using or know much about the Arcade Blaster 6500 in 1

Manta

Question

15 answers to this question

One of the reviews on Ebay confirms it's a RetroPie + JAMMA adaptor in a box.

by 054marcho 31 Mar, 2017

for my arcade machine

I was happy to see it arrive fast and was fitted with a jamma connection , its a retro pi modified to fit straight into the jamma set up which suits my needs , the boot up is much faster than a normal pi and still uses the p1 and credit at the same time to exit game and back to menu , suited me as I hate computer stuff and configuring just wanted to fit it up and play , perfect

Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: new | Sold by: mygamesroom

Appreciate the info as I have been searching and searching. Looks like a good plug and play option as I know nothing about raspberry pi and roms etc

Yeah, for those that don't want to go through the pain of setup, this seems like a better (if more expensive) option than a multiboard. I wonder what pi it is running? At $390, it's pretty pricey, but I'd say even with that premium it's not bad for people who don't want to setup their own Pi-Jamma.

It would be running a Pi v3b, the most powerful and expensive, weighing in at $50.

By default it only outputs HDMI (or vga via a $6 adapter). The Pi outputs HDMI natively so no extra expense there.

USB arcade controller adapter is around $20.

Software would be Retro Pie which is trivial to install and set up, and free.

Not knocking the product, just making you aware that it carries a hefty profit margin. If you want plug n play it may be completely suitable. I always prefer doing things myself, cheaper and you gain a comprehensive understanding of how things work which helps when you want to fix or improve things.

The Pi2Jamma kit sold here is around $260 landed I believe and supports both HDMI and CRT monitors, is jamma compliant and supports arcade controls. It also includes fully configured and installed software, you just need to add roms. Adding roms entails downloading them, transfering to USB and inserting USB into Pi, after that it takes care of everything automatically.

Very expensive for a Pi/Jamma setup. Especially when you need to spend another $100 for a CRT monitor. Over $500 delivered for a Raspberry Pi and Jamma adapter! You can buy that now for under $100.

And $110 for a 60-1 too. Seems a bit rich.

It would be running a Pi v3b, the most powerful and expensive, weighing in at $50.

By default it only outputs HDMI (or vga via a $6 adapter). The Pi outputs HDMI natively so no extra expense there.

USB arcade controller adapter is around $20.

Software would be Retro Pie which is trivial to install and set up, and free.

Not knocking the product, just making you aware that it carries a hefty profit margin. If you want plug n play it may be completely suitable. I always prefer doing things myself, cheaper and you gain a comprehensive understanding of how things work which helps when you want to fix or improve things.

The Pi2Jamma kit sold here is around $260 landed I believe and supports both HDMI and CRT monitors, is jamma compliant and supports arcade controls. It also includes fully configured and installed software, you just need to add roms. Adding roms entails downloading them, transfering to USB and inserting USB into Pi, after that it takes care of everything automatically.

This is great info. It would be handy to add games down the track and know what I am doing.

I just need to find a jamma adaptor. The monitor I have is vga so no issue there

The thing about people selling 'pre-configured' software, they seldom get it right. You still end up needing to tweak and fix things.

Probably worth PM'ing @dee2eR about the Raspberry Jamma board. A lot cheaper, more versatile and he offers full support for his product/its software. If you don't want to tinker, mention your setup and he will pre-configure everything for you and supply everything ready to go.