Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

my new pinball room

Just when you get your pinball room set up how you like it the wife says 'lets move'. So lets move. Mate I hate it. I dunno how much shrink wrapping and cardboard I went through (thanks @hotty) and getting friends to help me move my pins to my 'half way house' (thanks @hotty and @itsurfem...wtf) but I have finally made it to my new place via allowing removalists to move my stuff and pins this time.

My biggest challenge is getting the room configuration right. I did a plan prior to the move but that went out the window once I actually got pin or two in the room and saw what I envisaged wasn't going to work (anyone want some new furniture I bought for the room lol?)

I'll post some update pictures once I get it set up, but am quite excited at how it might turn out.

I do have a tip that may help some that intend packing and storing DMD pins that use the flipper button opto interrupter mech. I wrapped my pins good and tight with shrink wrap and cardboard and not realising that it may actually activated the right flipper button (in my case due to the direction I wrap in). So over 3 months of being constantly pressed in and temperature fluctuations, my TZ and ToM when turned on and game started, the right flippers flipped up and remained on. I quickly turn them off think a coil may burn out, but because it happened to two game I thought it coul dbe something simple. The actual plastic opto interrupters had bent and I had to use heat to reform them. So watch out for that.

Any way hope you like my room as it progresses over the next week

WP_20170724_16_34_01_Rich_LI.thumb.jpg.e50466c8966e16b85f335fefeaf35dd3.jpg

I hope the pins weight doesn't ruin the floor boards. I left wheel marks on our Baltic pine floor when I moved out of the house into my new gameroom.

Yes a real good consideration on natural timber flooring. I find those round rubber disc leg castor feet things are great for this application..............see link below:

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/llrc.html

Yes a real good consideration on natural timber flooring. I find those round rubber disc leg castor feet things are great for this application..............see link below:

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/llrc.html

Awesome house and set up!

We have something similar (Pin Butts from pinball life) on our pinnies all set up on hardwood floors. Work fantastic and no dents on the floors except... GBLE.

Happy Flipping and drinking in your new home.

A cardboard ring placed around the button or some styro foam would have solved this issue. There was a reason why I gave you so much cardboard old man. Nice room can't wait to spill a drink on that shiny floor.:p

thanks guys for the kind word

- - - Updated - - -

Will look nice when finished Rob.

What area did you move too?

Portarlington mate will need to arrange a meet during Summer months

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to seeing this room set up. I wish I was allowed to have my machines inside the house :( ....especially in winter.

Well ummmm, my collection won't all fit in the one room, so I've also taken the bedroom next to it as well lol

- - - Updated - - -

A cardboard ring placed around the button or some styro foam would have solved this issue. There was a reason why I gave you so much cardboard old man. Nice room can't wait to spill a drink on that shiny floor.:p

Well thanks Mr @hotty for telling me this now. Do you know I freaked when I saw the flippers activate and thought holly crap I'm going to fry a coil and/or pcb. Wasn't until I powered ToM and had the same problem that I thought there's no way I can have the same pcb problem on two games while just in storage. This got me thinking a button might be stuck but I then noticed the interrupters not lying flush with the optos

- - - Updated - - -

Slow going but room is taking shape. Had to throw out my first room plan. After hearing the wife's suggestion and telling her that won't work, I finally came up with another plan that just so happens to be exactly what see suggested but I'm taking credit for it. What you see here is not final and some display pieces will changed as they were just fillers to get an idea of the effect. Embryon and the 2 x PIN2000 games will be in the other room

More photos to come of the final room reveal.....not expecting any scores of 10 but hopefully a functional pinball room

And oh, I forgot to mention, I'll have a permanent guest residing in this room as well. Nice bloke but can scare the shit out of you when you're not expecting it sometimes.

1363555360_barpinballwall.thumb.jpg.08d0151be3527b4110e3854bf8ebeda0.jpg

27755119_bartrialsetup.thumb.jpg.6d6e9d26a39cbe93d856bb51229bad8f.jpg

Portarlington mate will need to arrange a meet during Summer months

Well ummmm, my collection won't all fit in the one room, so I've also taken the bedroom next to it as well lol

I admire your priorities taking up two rooms with machines.

Portarlington is great. My mum had a holiday house there for 12 years on High St at the top of the hill. She sold last year and purchased a real nice place in Queenscliff. I love the bakery at Portarlington and still dive off the pier in summer! It also has a hot jam donut van near the pier in summer and I think on school holidays - bloody best jam donuts ever and better than Vic Market donuts.

Great looking set up and nice collection, especially love the MET, TOM and GBLE. Will look real nice. Good luck with the set up.

Cheers, Glenn

That is a pretty awesome collection of pins, not a bad table between them!

Out of that lot, which one is your favourite? I reckon you need to get yourself an older one in there for a bit of contrast (an reason to get another one, right?)