Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 34 - Scoreboard

OOO

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pyalm5q.gif

After 73 days of grueling arcade gaming and close competition, the fourth quarter is now over and MGLXXXIV has now come to a close.

The final standings are below:

wVpG7G4.png

CONGRATULATIONS to the Top 20 in MGLXXXIV … where we had 50 competitors battle it out over 10 games … of which 3 games were the first time ever played in the MGL. These were Super Bagman, Spiders and Sinistar. Strangely enough, these 3 games were probably the hardest to play in the line up.

Congratulations to Jason Vasiloff for winning MGLXXXIV … this is his first ever MGL title win and he now joins the elite gamers that have won the prestigious MGL tournament. He wins it with placings of 3rd, 9th, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 6th, 5th, 1st, 6th and 5th. Vasiloff scored a new world record on Spiders with 404,180 points in Game 4, won Game 5 Lunar Rescue with 30,220 points, won Game 8 Carnival with 57,760 points and held a very small lead to the very end to clinch the title. His average game score was 97.1 points and this was his MGL debut. Incredible!

Daniel Larsen gamed excellently in a very close competition for the title. Just missing out by 17 points (to break the head to head score), he took the win on Super Bagman and his most challenging game looked to be Lady Bug with 14th place. That’s a fantastic runner up finish in the last two MGLs.

Andrew Barrow played great for 3rd place with his best of 2nd place in Pac-mania. Another slow start in consecutive tournaments, this time Game 2 Dig Dug and Game 3 Super Bagman were his lowest scores, and he recovered well to score 6th place or better in the remaining games to finish strongly, despite no game wins.

Jeff Mikuska played his best ever in an MGL finishing in an excellent 4th place. First appearing in MGLXXVIII, he has now finished in order of play with placings of 11th, 10th, 8th, 7th and now 4th. You can see the trend and he’s made a major improvement in each MGL tournament. He’s now in the Top 4 on one of the hardest line up of games in the MGL. This gamer is one to watch for the future.

Johnny Bonde played in this first ever MGL and finished in 5th place. Another Dane that takes to video gaming like a duck to water, his best was 3rd place in Lady Bug and he achieved an average score of 92.4 points per game. What a great debut in such a tough tournament.

Veteran of the MGL Robert Macauley gamed for an average score of 89.9 points across the 10 games in MGLXXXIV to take out another 6th place. Macauley has now played in 21 consecutive MGLs, finished in 6th place or higher in every one of those tournaments, and is the all time “most accomplished” champion with 8 titles. The legend continues.

Pierre Massey from France scored an average of 88.8 points and just missed out on 6th place by 11 points. He almost took out game wins in Ghosts n Goblins and Carnival, but was just beaten at the end of days in each game to take out 2nd place for both. Massey takes out a great 7th place in his 5th MGL. Well done.

bigredbird played well to finish in 8th place in his 10th MGL. Despite his favorite game Mr Do! was not played in this tournament, his best game finish was 5th in Super Bagman and next was his favorite game manufacturer Universal in Lady Bug with 7th place. The two Cees in this tournament, Carnival and Crush Roller, were his greatest challenges, like for so many gamers.

Stephen Krogman came 4th in Dig Dug with a score of 697,660 points, averaged 86 points per game and finished in 9th place. His placings were in order 28th, 4th, 12th, 27th, 16th, 18th, 15th, 8th, 13th and 7th. That’s Krogman’s 3rd ninth placing in 5 tournaments. Well played.

Jimmy Linderman played in his 2nd MGL, won Game 1 - Pacmania with 1,513,400 points, tripled the world record at TG on this game and improved on his previous 16th placing with 10th place. His gaming is going in the right direction and he has the potential to keep improving his finish.

Kane Mawhinney missed out by just 1 point on finishing in the Top 10 and gamed great for 11th place. His best scores were in Carnival and Crush Roller with 7th place in both. Mawhinney has now played in 26 x MGL tournaments and is one of the most experienced and outstanding CAG gamers in the world.

Max Haraske posted a 12th placing in this MGL with his best score in Game 1 - Pac-mania. This tournament had a very challenging game line up drawn for the pool of gamer nominations and doing great in all games was very difficult. He missed out on 11th place by 1 point, 10th place by 2 points, and played a very competitive MGL.

Paul Ford from England made an excellent debut in the MGL and finished in a great 13th place. Ford has not played many of these games before and improved his scores throughout the 17 day game windows. His best score was on one of the hardest games in Sinistar scoring 9th place and his next best was on Ghosts n Goblins with 10th place. Well gamed Paul!

Tim Gadler high scored Game 6 - Ghosts n Goblins with 270,000 points, averaged 83.2 points per game and took out an impressive 14th place. His next best was Spiders with 10th place in his 4th MGL. He played like a knight without armor on fire.

Rich Shearman invited his kids JoeyS and JackS to play in the MGL and showed them and everyone else how it’s done. He accomplished an outstanding 15th place. His best game finish was 9th place on Lady Bug and he tied with Tim Gadler on 832 points after 10 games. The head to head count was also a tie at 5 wins a piece, so the total points decider gave Shearman 14th place at 734,750 points to 845,415 points.

Sean Clough, playing in his 16th MGL, finished in 16th place, won Game 10 - Sinistar and hit 3rd place in Super Bagman on two very hard games. He also posted some great hints to help fellow gamers on Super Bagman, Ghosts n Goblins and Sinistar. Thanks for posting those tips and well gamed Sean.

Terence Wong broke the world record on Crush Roller with an incredible 6,016,140 points to win Game 9, and his next best was 9th place on Game 8 - Carnival. Finishing in 17th place, this gamer can shake the living daylights out of any game, when he wants to.

Benjamin Sweeney scored his best on Lunar Rescue for 11th place and next best on Sinister for 12th place, averaged 80.1 points per game and finished in 18th place. Playing in his 5th MGL and still quite new to CAG games, this is Sweeney’s 2nd Top 20 finish. Congratulations and I hope you keep discovering these amazing “new” games.

Alex Bishop gamed steadily for an average score of 77 points per game and scored his best on Super Bagman and Sinistar. Playing in his 7th MGL, this is his 5th Top 20 finish.

CrazyKongFan missed one game (Carnival) and incredibly still finished in 20th place. His best score was in Sinistar with 4th place and his average per game was 76.2 points. This was Fred’s 11th MGL and he has developed into a very fine player. Congratulations on making the Top 20!

BandontheRun nominated both Lady Bug and Sinistar, both very difficult games to master, and they were both his best scoring games. Hitting 4th and 17th placings respectively, he averaged 75 points per game in his 7th MGL.

John (Bump n Jump) McNeill played in his 22nd consecutive MGL to finish in 22nd place and just missed the Top 20 by 15 points. He averaged 74.7 points per game and his best score was in Lady Bug with 11th place. Nice work!

For all those gamers who finished from 23rd place to 50th place, you posted some great scores and some great games were played.

The Country Top 7 finish was USA 1st, Denmark 2nd, New Zealand 3rd, USA 4th, Denmark 5th, Australia 6th and France 7th.

1. http://i.imgur.com/WqIzot4.png

2. http://i.imgur.com/UtA2PKR.png

3. http://i.imgur.com/N7EEQux.png

4. http://i.imgur.com/WqIzot4.png

5. http://i.imgur.com/UtA2PKR.png

6. http://i.imgur.com/p5dS4Mx.png

7. http://i.imgur.com/8GM3XH3.png

With 10 games contested there were 8 different game winners …

Jason Vasiloff (3), Jimmy Linderman (1), Ken House (1), Daniel Larsen (1), Tim Gadler (1), Donald Hayes (1), Terence Wong (1) and Sean Clough (1)

Congratulations to the game winners for hitting the high score on these games …

YJ0B7nJ.png

6LSYZor.png

EpWRNwj.png

nzg8LHL.png

zdJV8uU.png

PjnQVqi.png

EcaGgjn.png

YDvJE47.png

gDcNqKi.png

VoU99PZ.png

I have updated the virtual trophies for the Top 3 … with the famous Solvalou ship from the great Namco shooter Xevious …

Champion:

Jason Vasiloff

sidpyty.png

2nd:

Daniel Larsen

WkmvnIl.png

3rd:

Andrew Barrow

kPJD1ul.png

Looking back on the tournament, we had a 10 game special with 3 games never played before in the MGL. We had 8 gamers make their debut in the MGL and they all played well to post some great scores. 3 of these gamers won games and 1 of these gamers won the tournament.

We had 50 gamers play in the tournament which is an MGL record, as playing these tough games make most gamers “run for the hills”. This is why I suggest gamers should not feel discouraged when playing their first few credits on these CAG games. Just like when first learning to drive a car, it’s difficult, but you can do it.

zK9KpTr.png

Mental preparation and resolve make a huge difference, like we saw in this tournament with games that are very tough or not that enjoyable to play for some. However when gamers kept trying and learnt strategies to improve their scores, many appreciated the games more and increased their enjoyment. How hard was Sinistar, Ghosts n Goblins or Super Bagman when you first started, and where did you end up after 17 days? I have been the Gamemaster of the MGL for 14 tournaments over many years, and I’ve seen a lot of great games and tough games in that time. But looking closely at this tournament, it may well be that MGLXXXIV was the hardest of all time.

Yet despite the lineup, three new world records were set on Game 1 - Pac-mania, Game 4 - Spiders and Game 9 - Crush Roller. Many gamers posted PBs on each game and kept scoring improved PBs. Dig Dug does take a lot of time and skill to master, Lunar Rescue is very hazardous and the other games are in the same boat as far as making progress. Again the posting of hints and strategies by gamers were very helpful and everyone could see that helped other gamers to improve their scores and their enjoyment of the game.

What was also unique about MGLXXXIV is that it was the final tournament of 4 in the first ever World Championship of eSports, WCEI.

I hope you all enjoyed the competition and each others company in the virtual arcade that stretches across the whole planet. 10 games in 10 weeks … it was the grand finish of the MGL season for 2017.

Congratulations to Jason Vasiloff - MGLXXXIV Champion.

The World Championship of eSports presentation will commence shortly ... https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/86206-World-Championship-eSports-2017?p=1149539#post1149539 (first the Mystery Prize draw) …

OOO

Edited by OOO

Thanks OOO for another great comp, encouragement and Awesome Artwork.

Congrats to Jason, Daniel, Barra & Creech who played consistently well, and to all the Game Winners :026:

Super Bagman got me looking at game strategies in a different way & Sinister was one of the most intense CAG's I've ever played, I was literately shaking after that game yesterday!

Some tough games that I hope I've learned some new skills from moving forward...

Cheers,

SZ

Edited by SectionZ

thank you 000 for this great tournament 2017! very big games were played on this 4 th MGL tournaments (as on the others), it was a great pleasure to play against you (or rather with you!)

Congratulations to all participants and the winner for your impressive scores and perseverance in some games.

MGL takes a lot of time, which is not always easy ... I do not know if I could repeat this for 2018 :-( it was already hard for the end of the MGL ... but I would do my best ! and I can not advise you too much to monitor the progress of other players at the risk of being beaten ;-)

sorry if my sentences are a little cut, but I'm trying to be clear ... and it's not easy with a translator of shi ...

I will end up with this!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ps: this gif does not reflect reality ! i am not in london...

Congratulations to the winners - some great gaming.

Thanks very much to OOO for organising.

Highlights for me: Dig Dug, Ladybug and Lunar Rescue PBs, and playing Sinistar for the first time

Roll-on next year's competition.

A huge congrats to Jason for the "victory" :applause: :023: (is that what the "V" in your name stands for? lol). What a way to start off the new year Jason. And a great job to Daniel and Andrew for rounding out the top 3. We all played our hardest and I'm sure many expletives and broken keyboards came out of it too. :013:

I didn't think I was going to be able to finish this one due to my current work schedules (2 jobs) and some serious family medical issues going on at the moment and a huge move that's in the works that will have me leaving Orlando in the coming month. But I toughed it out and somehow managed to keep it going.

A huge :ty goes out to Paul for successfully running his 14th MGL! Now THAT's dedication! :) Despite the moments of frustration that come out of playing games you've either never played before or are just not good at, at the end of the day, it still helps to make you a better player and sharpen your skills overall. I know it helped me, specifically on games like Super Bagman (strategizing), Carnival (shot precision) and Sinistar (analog controlling).

As always, I'm already looking forward to MGL15!

Hi everybody - I've been posting my scores over at TG, but figured it was time to create an account here and say hello! Posted this over at TG as well...

After a few previous invites from Paul, I finally decided to take the plunge and enter the MGL, and I'm very glad I did! The tournament was a lot of fun - it got me to play games I had never tried before (and to KEEP playing them), and the ongoing competition from so many of you excellent players was great motivation to push myself for new PBs...you guys put up some AMAZING scores! The games were challenging, but I felt the tournament structure provided enough time for a player to learn each one, and give it his best shot - I'll definitely look to participate in future MGLs, and I'd encourage other arcade/MAME players to do the same, no matter what their skill level may be. Thanks for the congratulations...I'm glad to now be part of the fun!

I join the others in giving a special thanks to Paul for all he does with this tournament - we really appreciate your passion for the games, and your tireless efforts for promoting us, and the friendly competition...great job!

I must give a huge thank you to @OOO for running a very successful esports world championship. :applause:

You are very passionate about gaming and it shows through your performance as Gamemaster. Games started and finished on time, there were regular scoreboard updates and there was plenty of humour and encouragement from you.:024: It was also nice to see you have lost none of your passion for the use of colour in your posts.

Again, I thank you very much for the time and effort you put in. :cheers:

To all other gamers, you are the best bunch of barrel smashers, hammerers:021:, drivers, pest controllers, tyres, meat throwers, treasure hunters, sportsmen, highway hoppers, clowns, cleaners, serpentes, bubble blowers, bomb defuses, bartenders:tequila:, grave robbers, munchers, diggers, robbers, shooters:070:, pilots, warriorsswordfight, crawlers, painters, and blasters:UFO6: that a fellow passionate gamer could play with and against.

Thanks to you all for making the MGL great.

Also, thanks to @Arcade King and @Brad for running and maintaining the website so we can all do this MGL thing together. :cheers:

See you next time.

bigredbird

Edited by bigredbird

Congrats Jason very well deserved win

Lost a bit of motivation this time around for me, partly due to not being able to catch DaLar in the overall champs.

Spiders was definitely the best “new” game for me. Hope this one comes up again when I have more desire to grind.

Thanks again OOO for another fantastic tournament!!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade