----

State
      qld
      Mentioned
      64 Post(s)
      Quoted
      621 Post(s)
      Australia

its not a case that they feel they aren't allowed to play them? or even think the boss might crack the shits if they are seen playing them?
      My restorations page www.oliviaspennyarcade.com

This user has no status.

----

State
      Barden Ridge NSW
      Mentioned
      51 Post(s)
      Quoted
      513 Post(s)
      Australia
      I think you need some easy to play and understand machines to crack into an unknown market.

While your machines look outstanding, the two late models are way to complex for the newb to go anywhere near and miles to complex for them to know what to do and the two Williams /Ballys are really not that far off.

If you want to break into that market I would say something like a T2 or Getaway or even an early 80's Bally or even an EM and if you want something pretty new I'd say Total Nuclear Annihilation.

TNA just looks like a simple 80s style game although I doubt it actually is but being a single layer game and clear of crap, it gives that impression.

To put it in an analogy easier to understand, to test out to see if you can drive for the first time would you jump in a Toyota or would you jump straight into the Ferrari?.

SORRY, NO REFUNDS
      is pinball Halal?

Secret

State
      Illawarra NSW
      Mentioned
      116 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1629 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Autosteve View Post
      I think you need some easy to play and understand machines to crack into an unknown market.

While your machines look outstanding, the two late models are way to complex for the newb to go anywhere near and miles to complex for them to know what to do and the two Williams /Ballys are really not that far off.

If you want to break into that market I would say something like a T2 or Getaway or even an early 80's Bally or even an EM and if you want something pretty new I'd say Total Nuclear Annihilation.

TNA just looks like a simple 80s style game although I doubt it actually is but being a single layer game and clear of crap, it gives that impression.

To put it in an analogy easier to understand, to test out to see if you can drive for the first time would you jump in a Toyota or would you jump straight into the Ferrari?.
      Totally agree with that. I know people who will play EM's or early solid states for hours, but turn their noses up at anything with ramps etc.

This user has no status.

Tired

State
      Denial
      Mentioned
      42 Post(s)
      Quoted
      405 Post(s)
      Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Autosteve View Post

I'm not trying to crack a market. I think I didn't make it clear enough that this was fun and not profit.

Machines are all on free play.

Oh and a Ferrari everyday. No if's, no buts, no coconuts!

It's weird you use that analogy as one of the other things we had here was a tesla for "joy rides".

This user has no status.

----

State
      NSW
      Mentioned
      84 Post(s)
      Quoted
      380 Post(s)
      Australia
      When I worked at FX Channel they firstly had a Walking Dead Pro and then when that was given away as a prize a Walking Dead Premium was brought into the breakout room of the office of about 50 people.

Problem was that it needed to be switched off between 9am and 5pm. I was the only person who would play it. I would usually come in at 8am and have a few games before most of the other people arrived at work. Even with all the audio levels turned right down the sound of the pop bumpers was too loud for people to be able to do their work.

When we had Friday drinks I could sometimes get people to play but usually they would only play 1 game and then walk off. Interestingly any time I would get a danger warning they would think that was cheating Or that getting a tilt was cheating.

This user has no status.

----

State
      vic
      Mentioned
      51 Post(s)
      Quoted
      293 Post(s)
      Australia
      Conclusion could be that only intelligent and interesting people like pinball. End of report 😊

is Waiting Patiently for Hobbit
      Wizard mode

Awesome

State
      Victoria
      Mentioned
      379 Post(s)
      Quoted
      2102 Post(s)
      Australia
      I think TNA would be the worst game for Noobs. They don't like their ego to be punished.
      People that are new to pinball like easier stuff I think.

is not using colour leds

----

State
      Victoria
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Quoted
      278 Post(s)
      Australia
      Who cares if normies like them. Less people in the market the better.
      90s games will end up 50k at this rate

is Welcome to AA! That's
      fantastic.

Happy

State
      victoria
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Quoted
      180 Post(s)
      Australia
      You may need to spread the word around the office, send out a group email with so everybody is aware that they are available to be played

is having a cold beer.

Tired

State
      Wimmera, Victoria
      Mentioned
      64 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1299 Post(s)
      Australia
      When I had the new shed party here with the local farmers, some had never seen a Pinball machine & had a game to be polite but you could tell they had no understanding of what to do. A wife of one farmer got so hooked on Pin*Bot that she had sore wrists the next day. So how is it that the male farmer didn't click with it but his wife went ballistic. So it's a hard egg to crack knowing who's in & who's out.
      Pinballs I own- Indiana Jones (C/dmd), Black-Rose (DMD), Pin*bot (SS), Cleopatra (SS), Target Alpha (EM), Space Mission (EM), Wild Life (EM).
      Pinball's I've moved on- Magic Castle (SS), Lost World (SS), Elektra (SS).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information