Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Who are Pro, Premium, LE's aimed at?

I'm sure this has been discussed already but I can't find any threads on it. If a thread exists, please point me to it.

Can someone explain who the different models by Stern are aimed at Pro/Prem/LE?

I was under the impression the Pros were aimed at operators because they're cheaper to buy, less 'toy's so less to go wrong while on site and therefore cheaper/less time for maintenance.

But while playing at Western Wizards last night, I made a comment to one of the guys that I've been noticing a few LE's on site and was wondering why an operator would bother spending the extra money for an LE to site it for the reasons above. What I meant by that comment was; wouldn't the machine make the same money on site whether it was a pro or an LE? The average punter wouldn't know the difference.

The answer I got was that when it was time to sell the machine, the resale value of the machine would be much higher, so more lucrative for the operator (the exact words (or what I can recall) were "a $7g pro would later sell for $4g, but a $10g LE would later sell for $14g"! He may have been exaggerating the figures but he was trying to make a point). O...k...

They are aimed at people willing to pay lots, much and too much... Actual purchase will vary greatly based on the theme and target demographic. As a completely random example, someone who would not consider a Pro for most models may not think twice for an LE version of let's say a rumoured Iron Maiden? Brilliant marketing non? ;-)

from a operators point of view, if a operators didn't site LE's 90% of people will never see one in the flesh

only in pictures and what fun is that !

as for the money side - it used to be economical 5 year ago but now it's a joke with the new sterns , i looked at the bat66 and i couldn't get my head around

the red bat sticker on the lockdown bar , really - a sticker on a 12.5k pinball !

An Le for me is really aimed at the home market. No matter what version if sited they are used and abused and will get less on resale. I think the premium is probably the best. All the Le for a bit less and will sell for more when the time comes. But some pros are actually better playing machines. So depends on the title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pro for operators, LE's for the knuckle heads and Premium for the smart buyers. Seriously LE's may have benefits if they have slight cosmetic stuff that a premium doesn't otherwise the only other advantage I see in owning an LE is that you get the premium configuration before premiums are released. So you have an overpriced premium sooner. As you know I own both LE and Premium and still stand by my comment that smart buyers get these unless the pro is actually a better player.

As an operator Lou can I ask what LEs that you have on site ?

- Con

only 2 now avatar and ac/dc - next week only one

had 7 at one stage but pulled most for the hire side of the operation

pro for operators, LE's for the knuckle heads and Premium for the smart buyers. Seriously LE's may have benefits if they have slight cosmetic stuff that a premium doesn't otherwise the only other advantage I see in owning an LE is that you get the premium configuration before premiums are released. So you have an overpriced premium sooner. As you know I own both LE and Premium and still stand by my comment that smart buyers get these unless the pro is actually a better player.

Oh now you have an opinion :D. Where were you last night when I was having this discussion.... oh that's right you went home 'cause you didn't make the finals :lol.

I know... you went home to play GBLE and METLE... touché :rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

...unless the pro is actually a better player.

Only pro I know of that I enjoy more than Prem or LE is GOT.

Here's my 2 cents.

Firstly buying an NIB LE for resale value is a risk as you have to purchase most titles before seeing game play.

Operating a machine regardless of model is not viable if you can't fix it yourself.

Putting an LE on location may be done for a few reasons: as mentioned most people don't get to see LE's so they can draw people, the operator may decide once the machine has made X-amout lets say $6000 for argument sake and can get a new pf for say $1500 they are still up, the operator may restore machines so obviously doesn't have to pay someone to do it when they decide to remove from location, regardless of model if it's not maintained especially on location resale will decrease, and maybe it's not just about resale values, and money but also about giving people an experience that they can have without having to know a collector. It also comes down to the operator as you can have a room full of LE's and if they aren't cleaned and maintained who wants to play dirty machines that don't work properly, most people would prefer a room of clean fully working pro's. I say if you come across a venue that has a lot of really nice machines then play, enjoy and ensure they are treated with respect and operators will continue to site LE's. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Well i know @luke has sited LE's previously with great results. He would just not site them for as long and always maintains them, keeps them clean. This obviously worked for him as they were not trashed and still appealed to someone wanting a very nice late model LE game.

I've bought a couple off him and were still like a HUO machine apart from the audits meter. Not to mention the added bling usually made the decision a no brainer.

This current market with the price rises make it a bit harder and not sure if he still sites LE's

Well i know @luke has sited LE's previously with great results. He would just not site them for as long and always maintains them, keeps them clean. This obviously worked for him as they were not trashed and still appealed to someone wanting a very nice late model LE game.

I've bought a couple off him and were still like a HUO machine apart from the audits meter. Not to mention the added bling usually made the decision a no brainer.

This current market with the price rises make it a bit harder and not sure if he still sites LE's

I site LEs because I love pinball and want to play them myself. Also it gives people who also love pinball a chance to see and play them as no one can own every single LE unless your Lou. And as others have kindly posted that I'm only in it for the money. As this is a business for me. As it was intended for every operator until pinballs become so cheap people started buying them and it then become a hobby and now no one is appernelty allowed to make money anymore out of pinball. I'm sure they would go to work for free.

I site LEs because I love pinball and want to play them myself. Also it gives people who also love pinball a chance to see and play them as no one can own every single LE unless your Lou. And as others have kindly posted that I'm only in it for the money. As this is a business for me. As it was intended for every operator until pinballs become so cheap people started buying them and it then become a hobby and now no one is appernelty allowed to make money anymore out of pinball. I'm sure they would go to work for free.

LOL most would have no idea how little an operator makes at times. Risky business and as you say if you weren't passionate about pinball then there are probably better ways to use your money.

Anyone that has played your sited games I'm sure are grateful to play a machine they may never have had the chance to play. They won't be playing STLE any time soon. :018: Better not lol