Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MCA Joystick replacement

Looking to replace some MCA joysticks........looking for a replacement with same or better performance and durability.

I have looked at the Sanwa, Happ and Zippy but a little unsure of correct choice, I'm assuming the price difference is because of quality.

This is the current joystick installed

Cheers in advance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113491[/ATTACH]

IMG_6101.thumb.jpg.ae5490ecf780b5c2eec25435ce93c3a0.jpg

If you don't use two of the same joystick they won't feel the same. Just saying. And nothing feels like an MCA stick but another MCA stick.

Of the sticks you listed all are nice in their own ways. The Happ is possibly the closest to the MCA, technically, but that's not saying they're much alike. Sanwa is my choice, but I customise the JLF sticks a bit.

If you do go down the path of the happ competition joysticks like the American arcades check out some IL eurosticks as they are made the same as the original happ competition sticks back in the day ☺ but for the price I'm sure you could find replacement mca sticks so you would be used to the feel of them. They pop up here from time to time.

Looking to replace some MCA joysticks........looking for a replacement with same or better performance and durability.

I doubt you can find a more durable stick than an MCA they are practically unbreakable, apart from the switches that can be replaced.

They may not look that special but the MCA performs very well especially if you play a variety of games, others may suit a fighter but then have too much travel & feel sloppy in Frogger for example. It's not even very often that I need to take the MCA out of 8 way for any game!

Unless it was a dedicated cab or you wanted a specific feature I'd stick with MCA's all the way.

I might look into trying the switches first as, it has just been a little unresponsive occasionally......! I just thought it to be easier just to replace the whole thing.

SUZO 500 series are the go, theyre simular to MCA, but better quality and better feel.