Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Jukebox Build would love some input and help.

After 3 months of no success trying to find an old poker machine to use for a jukebox conversion, I have managed to find a touchscreen kiosk in excellent condition...and will use this as my first build.

IMG_6607.thumb.jpg.28be036fa0636b44cdff8c05ad49583b.jpg

My ambition is to run the jukebox using a Sonos Play 5 for the speaker, I will try to squeeze the speaker in to the available space, failing that I don't mind if it is located remotely. There still another 100mm or so the speaker can drop down inside the kiosk, leaving more room above for the comp / or would i be better off swapping them around.

Looks like its gonna fit in ok

IMG_6622.thumb.jpg.3180efe46f01e9048988300d5c2a6ef0.jpg

I have purchased as a starter the following computer, will probably upgrade the Hdd later on. Dell Optiplex 780SFF Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz 4GB Ram 160GB HDD Win 7 Pro

Being my first build and my lack of knowledge regarding touchscreens and the overall set up. I have had a look over the inside and notice I have a vga and usb cable running up to the touchscreen, I assume the usb is for running the touchscreen, (this would mean Im gonna need some drivers for this?) I have removed a small amp and tiny speakers as not needed.

Looking at moving the screen power supply and powerboard to the bottom or sides of the kiosk to allow for the speaker and computer.

Regarding cooling what would be best for my proposed setup ( a couple of extra fans to remove the heat?)

Still not sure about which software to run ...and would like some input on this if possible....Im definitely looking at something easy to setup and maintain.

I have a small collection of music 20 odd albums and would be looking for a source of ready to go files to add to this. Where is the best place to find music from the 70,80,90's? kids have got the rest sorted for me!

Would like to get some input and thought from others on the path I'm taking and possible pitfalls that I might come across.

As Always thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by kiwimex

Without wishing to be rude this had been asked and answered multiple times. Search is your friend.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/89196-Which-Jukebox-software

and here was my first....

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/34255-Centerlink-Kiosk-Refurb

As for the music I can help but PM me for this :)

That will make a nice jukebox.

Drivers are around, but there are a few different types depending on the screen. You might need to look over it and see it there are any hint's re: touch screen. Otherwise from memory ELO is one manufacturer.

If you get stuck I can also send you the sets of drivers I have used on my XP based Jukes