Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Best frontend for Naomi games in Demul?

Hey guys,

I am setting up a Naomi emulator for my upright Naomi Universal cab. It's a vertical setup for Naomi SMHUPS so I don't care about horizontal games or standard Dreamcast games, I just want to run the small selection of Naomi vertical shooters such as Ikaruga and Psyvariar 2.

What would be people's thoughts on the best frontend to use? I'm not keen on Hyperspin, it's too much of a pain in the ass to setup and I like simple front ends. Mala doesn't play nice with Demul apparently and it also seems like getting Maximus Arcade working with Demul will be a pain in the ass.

Does anyone run Demul in a cab with a frontend? If so, I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the best frontend suitable for Demul Naomi ROM launching.

Thanks.

Edited by namastepat

I'm running AM with Demul, but i'm using an older build of Demul and need AHK to get it to run. Happy to share the scripts but i don't think you'll need them. And you might need to set minimum run time, i had to do that somewhere, otherwise the loader would throw focus away from the game screen. I think that was with Demul, can't remember properly.

The only vertical layout that comes with AM isn't spectacular though. Might be more you can download now, not sure.

Edited by buttersoft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...