Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The walking dead thoughts?

It's ****ing terrible and I am this close to giving up on it. Jesus christ it shits me to tears at the moment. The writing is terrible, the acting is worse and the laughable firefights have all but ruined any acceptable suspension of belief when watching this trainwreck.

I have watched this show since the very beginning, downloaded every ep the day it came out and watched them religiously. Sometimes, I don't even know why anymore.

It's ****ing terrible and I am this close to giving up on it. Jesus christ it shits me to tears at the moment. The writing is terrible, the acting is worse and the laughable firefights have all but ruined any acceptable suspension of belief when watching this trainwreck.

I have watched this show since the very beginning, downloaded every ep the day it came out and watched them religiously. Sometimes, I don't even know why anymore.

Agree, the fight scenes are rediculas, Very B grade. And the story makes no sense.

Ive loved this show since day one. But it has never recovered since last year.

they need to get new writers and director, this show should have a massive budget due to how popular it has been and how much money this show has made, but it looks like its been made by film students with no budget what so ever.

SAME!

We now watch it out of routine. Don't ask me who any new character is other than Negan.

Snapshot of our lounge room last week.

"Who is that? Is he a goodie?"

*Me pretends I was paying attention and not on my phone*

-Um.....bad guy I think?

"No, he's a goodie! The boyfriend of that guy!"

- oh, yeah....they really need to end this show...like 2 seasons ago?

SAME!

We now watch it out of routine. Don't ask me who any new character is other than Negan.

Snapshot of our lounge room last week.

"Who is that? Is he a goodie?"

*Me pretends I was paying attention and not on my phone*

-Um.....bad guy I think?

"No, he's a goodie! The boyfriend of that guy!"

- oh, yeah....they really need to end this show...like 2 seasons ago?

The saddest thing is that Kirkman, the guy who writes the comics (which are excellent) and helps to make the show has said that they have no end planned for the series. That's part of the problem, if no end is planned, they have nothing to move towards. The opposite happened with Game of Thrones. They got to season 7, realised they had to wrap everything up in 2 more seasons and just did season 7 at the average pace of a coked up racehorse. It wasn't as good as the previous seasons, but at least they managed to handle the story quickly and move the series forward.

TWD has been mired in Neegan bullshit for an entire season now. Not to mention the previous bullshit they were mired in. It's just been getting steadily worse since Season 5.

TWD has been mired in Neegan bullshit for an entire season now. Not to mention the previous bullshit they were mired in. It's just been getting steadily worse since Season 5.

yep

seriously, this drawn out killing of Negan is so damn annoying, kill him off already so we can move onto something else more interesting, two seasons of same One dimensional Negan is getting beyond a joke.

Give people what they want to see, Kill Negan so we can move on

Plus cull down the amount of main characters like they used to have back down to a handful, there is too many personal back stories going on at once, that it has become confusing.

It is so damn obvious that they need to give the show a bigger budget so it doesn't continue to look like it is starved of funds.

As far as the effects go lately it feels so bland and empty, with how big this show has gotten it should have a budget that suits.

They should cut this season right now, go back to re-writing and filming the rest of the season and air it later before this series dies and can never recover

I keep watching this show because I felt it had so much potential and I like the premise. But here we are up to season 8 and I am like what a waste of a show. It always comes down to people being arseholes which may reflect reality but I was hoping they would go into a search for why the zombies occured to start with and explore that. Maybe the show is not aimed at me. I keep watching in case it turns around but I doubt it.

Agree with everything already said, I used to love this series and it has just gone downhill since the introduction of Negan.

As others have said they need to just end him and his followers so they can perhaps look for something to rejuvenate the series, hell we have not even got to see Negan suffer as all this is going on! He has been MIA the last two episodes!

Such a shame, watching purely in the hope it will get back its former glory.

I keep watching this show because I felt it had so much potential and I like the premise. But here we are up to season 8 and I am like what a waste of a show. It always comes down to people being arseholes which may reflect reality but I was hoping they would go into a search for why the zombies occured to start with and explore that. Maybe the show is not aimed at me. I keep watching in case it turns around but I doubt it.

The flashbacks did me in. Can't be sure but think it was season 5 that i gave up

the walking dead has been dead for years I reckon..both the last seasons I've struggled getting through.

Neegan has killed the series, the show's focus all about him since he came into the show, with no real progress for our band of heroes in any way, just boring distractions and pointless side-quests. Even the Governor didn't last this long as a super-villain, and he was much more interesting..

Well it seems the ratings are prety poor these last two seasons compared to previous seasons, and are in decline.

It also seems that AMC the greedy bastards have been slowly trimming the budget ever since season 3 by almost a $1m per episode. no wonder it looks so cheaply made.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-walking-dead/268803/the-walking-dead-season-8s-ratings-are-at-a-series-low

• 4 weeks later...

Yep. I agree with what everyone has said. Downhill since Negan came into it and the obvious budget cuts.

My daughters used to watch it with me religiously but they’ve abandoned it and now I watch it alone purely in hope it will get better.

That and I wanna see Negan die. Just so I don’t have to hear his bullshit anymore.

• 4 months later...

stuck the rest of the season out,

they continued to drag out Negan through the entire season, Which is like Fingernails down the chalk board.

But It was slightly better on the second half of the season .They obviously did some edits to it before airing to try and salvage the season A little, as they seemed to cram less content in each episode as it seemed slightly less messy than the first half of the season which was a huge mess.

But still manage to kill off a major character and yet failed to make you care about the fact a major character is dead. they tried every cheap trick in the book to try and make it emotive yet still, no one cared.

The ending sucked and made very little sense.

Hopefully they find new writers and director and give this show the much needed funding for it to become good again, things need to improve next season.

what are peoples thoughts? I waited a week to post about this so not to spoil it for others who might have not had time to see it.

Well Westworld S2 should be a nice change from this TWD crap shoot.

Edited by jason1

The name of the series says it all about the show for the last 3 seasons. There just isn't a goal, an end point to work towards, to motivate the good guys, to give them purpose. That motivation was removed when [OLD SPOILER ALERT] the potential saviour Eugene was exposed as a fake. For me this was a real stuffup in the storyline. Now they just wonder about aimlessly, lurching from pointless side quest to angsty Neegan BS. Somebody put this series out of it's misery with a head shot.. Edited by Jed
added spoiler alert