Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help with CRT TV connection to original game PCB's

Strahany

Question

Hey guys, I know this topic will definitely have been covered at some point in the past here but I have not been able to find it so if anybody could please enlighten me as to where to find it that would be awesome.

I have a Sony Trinitron CRT TV (model# KV-XA25M31) which is pretty much the last of their 4:3 aspect CRT's and was wanting to make the grand daddy of cocktail cabs out of it, I have several original game boards from the 80's and have purchased a 6 way JAMMA switcher so I can have 6 of my favorite original games in one awesome cabinet. My question is can I connect the RGB signal direct from the JAMMA pinouts to the component input on the Sony, obviously there is no sync input on the Sony so I am assuming that I will either need some form of converter or this is a bigger project than first thought. I originally had these boards running on a proper commercial arcade machine years ago and have since sold it so the boards have been in safe storage for around 20 years. I have bought a few of the different multi boards (60 in 1, pandoras box styles etc...) and these are ok but they don't play EXACTLY the way the originals did, in particular I cannot find a nice version of GYRUSS.

But as luck has it I still have my original GYRUSS board and would love to get this especially (along with others) up and running on a CRT based cocktail cab, the Sony TV I have was bought from new by me and hasn't done much work until put into storage and I figured it would be great as it is nice and bright and clear but should still retain that analog charm.

Anyway if anybody has any suggestions or can point me to some helpful threads I would be most grateful.

Cheers and game on!!!

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images