Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

FOUND: Someone to de-suicide my Captain Commando CPS1

Pando

Question

Not sure if this is the right section to ask, but I'm wondering if there is anyone out there doing de-suicide services of CPS1 now that the Arduino has been out for a while.

I've got a Captain Commando CPS1 that has suicided and I'd like to get it back into a working state.

I'll pay for service and the shipping (unless you're in NSW perhaps I could drop it off). I can also offer the following MVS as a trade if you're interested in any of them - AOF2, Soccer Brawl, Ninja Combat.

Let me know, cheers! :)

Edited by Pando
found

14 answers to this question

I can revive boards using the Arduino method (replacing the battery and re-uploading the key) as well as the older method of replacing EPROMs (with very minor board mods), BUT ............ I'm in the UK so shipping each way would be extremely cost prohibitive for you.

Have you tried PM'ing Womble to ask if he can help? He's based in Australia.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/member.php/1983-Womble

WANTED: Someone to de-suicide my Captain Commando CPS1

I have the Arduino and equipment required, haven't tried to desuicide a CPS1 board, but have done CPS2 - depending what's involved I may be able to help

Have you considered getting the stuff to do it yourself? Might be worth having it for later down the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can revive boards using the Arduino method (replacing the battery and re-uploading the key) as well as the older method of replacing EPROMs (with very minor board mods), BUT ............ I'm in the UK so shipping each way would be extremely cost prohibitive for you.

Have you tried PM'ing Womble to ask if he can help? He's based in Australia.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/member.php/1983-Womble

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, the shipping back and forth for this one wouldn't make it worth it. Thanks though.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the Arduino and equipment required, haven't tried to desuicide a CPS1 board, but have done CPS2 - depending what's involved I may be able to help

Have you considered getting the stuff to do it yourself? Might be worth having it for later down the track

PM sent

FOUND: Someone to de-suicide my Captain Commando CPS1

So @Pando sent this to me as I've done a couple of other CPS boards before (A CPS2 and a CPS1.5/Dash) - I have successfully desuicided the board and wanted to show the process for anyone who might be interested

Here is the board - I can understand the hesitation to use the normal method of reviving the board without the battery, this is a SUPER clean CPS1 board and it would be a real shame to do anything to modify it.

File 3-11-17, 19 35 53.jpeg

The offending C board with the battery removed

File 3-11-17, 19 38 23.jpeg

I tested the battery and needless to say it was uh, dead.

File 3-11-17, 19 39 03.jpg

And hooked up to the Arduino ready to be revived, the +5v and GND are actually obtained from the board itself, so the board is connected up to my test power supply and a logic chip used for it's +5/GND. The Arduino is unable to provide enough power for the process via the USB port as it is also running off the USB port.

File 3-11-17, 19 39 35.jpeg

File 3-11-17, 19 40 12.jpeg

We then select which game we want to reprogram on the Arduino and wait for the magic to happen

File 3-11-17, 19 42 30.jpeg

File 3-11-17, 19 43 04.jpeg

Once this has completed, we disconnect the board from the Arduino and install it back onto the motherboard. Then we plug it in and see a familiar sight on US boards [emoji6]

File 3-11-17, 19 44 10.jpeg

Success!

File 3-11-17, 19 44 41.jpeg

I did a full playthrough of the game to confirm it was working properly, can't resist playing with Baby Commando. The amount of starwipes in this game reminds me of the video Homer Simpson directed for Ned Flanders to join a dating service:

And this boss character "Blood" looks suspiciously like a certain Street Fighter character

File 3-11-17, 19 45 24.jpeg

Look at this guy, taking credit for the work of a baby

File 3-11-17, 19 46 26.jpeg

File 3-11-17, 19 47 07.jpeg

Edited by xodaraP

So I thought I would add to this with some more information just released today:

Darksoft has just announced that his multi kit will now run the encrypted original ROMs and reload keys to a board, which means there is now another option to desuicide CPS2 boards and it also means the multi kit is now Twin Galaxies/tournament compliant when running original ROMs!

A few small modifications are required to the setup (the connections you would otherwise make to the Arduino need to be made to the multi board)

So the multi is now capable of replicating an original board with 100% accuracy and this also means that the couple of games that have not been decrypted are now able to be run on the CPS2 multi!

So I thought I would add to this with some more information just released today:

Darksoft has just announced that his multi kit will now run the encrypted original ROMs and reload keys to a board, which means there is now another option to desuicide CPS2 boards and it also means the multi kit is now Twin Galaxies/tournament compliant when running original ROMs!

A few small modifications are required to the setup (the connections you would otherwise make to the Arduino need to be made to the multi board)

So the multi is now capable of replicating an original board with 100% accuracy and this also means that the couple of games that have not been decrypted are now able to be run on the CPS2 multi!

Hi xodaraP

Do u want to do another one of these?