Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Woo Hoo C64 lives.

BIG Trev

Here's all my C64 gets used for :D

The Ocean loaders not the game lol

I'm pretty partial to the music on the Eagle Soft Inc loaders.

eg.

If you like SIDs, I started a thread about a metal band that uses SID synths a while back on here.

I also had a C64 all those years ago, man i loved that system and wish i had never sold it :( I ended up trading it in and buying an Amiga 1000 (still have that and another one). In later years, with some reflection, i was even more impressed with the graphics of the C64 games, such complexity for it's era. The analogy of the amount of usable data on the 64 in bytes always reminded me of the one about the first moon landing and the computer having about the same capacity as a 1990's wristwatch. Awesome job, brings back some great memories :)

• Administrators
Damn you @Arcade King now I want an Atari.

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Get yourself an Atari 800XL or 600XL. I love the compact size of my 600 and easily upgraded to 64k.

I bought mine faulty from the states for 30 bucks. After I repaired it I converted it to PAL for a bit of fun.

Get yourself an Atari 800XL or 600XL. I love the compact size of my 600 and easily upgraded to 64k.

I bought mine faulty from the states for 30 bucks. After I repaired it I converted it to PAL for a bit of fun.

There's an 800XL in Egypt working with tape deck for $60 plus $60 postage.

[emoji16]

Cheers Trev

Hell yes, what a ripper that game was!

Also spent a hell of a lot of time on spy v spy, bruce lee, leaderboard golf.... just monster after monster the c64 catalogue.

Spy vs Spy was the best many lost hrs playing this game. Another fav was Into the Eagles Nest. So many games on the C64.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Now all you need is a copy of Fast Hackem and you're set!

I use my sd2iec to transfer disk images from sd card to real floppies, great way to compile awesome custom games disks. Combined with a fast load cart and I'm one happy camper. Even though the sd2iec negates the need for a real physical drive, I still like to use them.

I still need to put a new power switch in the 1084s monitor and put new belts in the three datasettes I've got and possibly recap them and adjust the heads. Not all the tapes I've got are working and I'd like to eliminate tape deck issues before I chuck the tapes. An sd2iec unit is on the horizon.

Cheers Trev

Yeah I had to refurbish my 2 x tape units. New belts and some minor azimuth screw adjustments and they pur along nicely now.

Grab one of the tape adjustment programs, makes it much easier. They display a graphical representation of the tape data being read/loaded allowing you to make adjustments on the fly and dial it in perfectly.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good job Trev :)

I also got lucky & fixed a couple of C64 faults recently, One had Garbage on screen, went straight to a youtube vid skipped forward to see what chip he replaced LS258, replaced the chip, good as gold, so a week or two later I pulled another one out (it's been sitting there for 15 years) black screen & again I went straight to another vid skipped forward & he replaced an LS257 I could see my board had already had one of those replaced so I replaced the other & that came up too :o ....however there is another fault which brings me to the heatsinks....

I had a couple of heatsinks I had been using during testing just incase, quite chunky ones that I removed from Arcade PCB amps & also ordered a kit designed for C64, thinking I can do 2 boards with 1 kit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125466[/ATTACH]

Not much to the ones that came with the kit, but I guess they do the job & less chance of them coming loose etc. But I'm glad I had the chunky ones attached for testing because the second board also has a voltage problem 5.6v @ the 5V regulator output & it got really hot! May end up parting this ...

At some stage I'll be selling this one so I installed the smaller heatsinks, pic also shows the repair LS258

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125467[/ATTACH]

This one (another board that doesn't have any repairs) I'll be keeping as it all been recapped cleaned & has sockets so I used the chunky heatsinks on the PLA & SID, I tested it out & there seems to be enough clearance..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125468[/ATTACH]

I did this because I wanted a Breadbin C64 in my collection before they get too hard to find in original condition ? however why I do like the sound of the 2 R3 SID's date code 3483 & especially the 3484 they still don't come close to the early C64c I have been lucky to have since xmas 86 for Sound or PIC ! 'assy 250466'

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125469[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]125470[/ATTACH]

Early C64c Assy' 250466' with R5 Vic chip & 6581R4 AR 'Advanced Resonance' SID chip

• 2 weeks later...
Proper job.

New power switch installed and a clean up. Just the datasettes to go.

Next weekend.[emoji16]

It's such a nice looking monitor. So much better than the LCD.[emoji6]

Cheers Trevac7a9fbcd381dc8672728c4f4c511928.jpgb323e16e14f9597812b5c811da23f4b6.jpgb48c7f661f4a02761c89544a85c5f947.jpg

Nice condition. Still has the flap on the bottom attached.

Mine is long gone!