Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Waiting at Aldi for a 3d printer

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw one in Vic,(on the weekend) trying to find a Sodastream.

Cant remember what the price was on it.

Red

funny you mention that, While looking at the Aldi shit when I saw those printers on sale, I did see some soda stream bottles and yes i did buy them lol. thats all I ended up buying that day.

I will also recommend you dont print any finer than Fine, I printed a Darlek Christmas tree decoration for my Brother and thought I would try it on the best print setting.

It took 21 hours to print, That was a real test for the printer running that long, would have been a huge waste of power, and to be honest the print wasnt that much better than Fine.

Printed the same model again in Fine, and it took 3.5 hours and is really smooth anyways. I will be sticking With fine from now on because damn that is along time lol

Thanks Homepin,

Noticed that Friday night. Ducked into Big W on the way to see Justice League.

They also had SodaKing for $40. Seeing I've missed out on the SodaStream for $50 a Aldi thinking of giving that a go. (If anyone has any feedback on SodaKind would be great)

Big W had a least two different models of SodaStream and the bottles exchanges where less than $20 (sodaKing exchange bottles were the same price and said on them they worked on SodaStream. -- Also seems that Oz has it own unique thread)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thread hijacked,

Red

Edited by Redback
sp

• 1 month later...

How's the printing going? Is the Aldi filament good? How much are people paying for filament?

(best places to purchase?)

My printer is still due in a couple of months away.

What have you tried? What have you printed? Maybe a new thread on 3d printing.

Red

How's the printing going? Is the Aldi filament good? How much are people paying for filament?

(best places to purchase?)

My printer is still due in a couple of months away.

What have you tried? What have you printed? Maybe a new thread on 3d printing.

Red

Check out my Thomas the tank engine homebrew pinball thread. I've had no issues with the smaller printer and the Aldi filament. I love it.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I headed to my local ALDI (7pm)

There was still around ten 3d printers, however no filament to be found. They checked the back and the registers as they call it high value item.

I'm guessing those that bought in Nov we're ready for more filament and cleaned them out.

Regs,

Red

• 3 weeks later...