Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Guardians of The Galaxy

micky

Got to play GOTG today. Most machines have similarities to other machines, but this is a direct copy of Metallica with a few shots changed, but still in the same place. Kick back where grave yard is, Groot where Sparky is, drop target & lock where snake is. Ramps, although different and feed through the back panel, are in the exact same place.

Very underwhelming for me as an owner of Metallica, on the plus side, it looks good and sounds good. Every game the ball got stuck behind the drop target (snake) and won’t come out in ball search, eventually ball just ends.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to play GOTG today. Most machines have similarities to other machines, but this is a direct copy of Metallica with a few shots changed, but still in the same place. Kick back where grave yard is, Groot where Sparky is, drop target & lock where snake is. Ramps, although different and feed through the back panel, are in the exact same place.

Very underwhelming for me as an owner of Metallica, on the plus side, it looks good and sounds good. Every game the ball got stuck behind the drop target (snake) and won’t come out in ball search, eventually ball just ends.

Sounds like a dead opto? and a drop target that can reset up but not down?

I played it today at AMD. Even has the same long Metallica fuel target on the left.

Can’t believe how similar it is in layout. But cool game. Just the theme doesn’t do it for me on this one

First time I have passed on a new Stern for many years

Guardians of The Galaxy

I played it today at AMD. Even has the same long Metallica fuel target on the left.

Can’t believe how similar it is in layout. But cool game. Just the theme doesn’t do it for me on this one

First time I have passed on a new Stern for many years

Don't u think it would earn on location @luke ? (Assuming code is passable) Might depend on the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cooked71

Yes, we would, but not sure if we think the same as your average pub patron? Luke should be able to shed some light on this.

I don’t think it will. I kind of liked it. But the theme I can’t get passed as I just don’t know the title. The avengers was an average earner so I can’t see this pin making good money on site. I usually go off my gut instincts when choosing a new pin. To me this game will be awesome if you like the theme. Similar to Avatar in that way. But I just don’t think it will draw people in like star wars does. So for me it sits at the bottom of all the super hero/comic themes. If this had a standard old dmd in it. It would really struggle with sales imo

I don’t think it will. I kind of liked it. But the theme I can’t get passed as I just don’t know the title. The avengers was an average earner so I can’t see this pin making good money on site. I usually go off my gut instincts when choosing a new pin. To me this game will be awesome if you like the theme. Similar to Avatar in that way. But I just don’t think it will draw people in like star wars does. So for me it sits at the bottom of all the super hero/comic themes. If this had a standard old dmd in it. It would really struggle with sales imo

Avengers was a brutally hard pin so I'm guessing players felt like they weren't getting value for money putting money into that game if there was another slightly more forgiving game on site... Or you just had Eddy there blowing the thing up all the time.

Guardians of The Galaxy

Those slight changes are pretty much iron man.

Ramps Ironman

Rocket is War Machine (Graveyard)

I like the theme but at least I'm not as let down as the GOT release.

When it was first announced I did consider moving on Metallica and Ironman to get this instead.

But I thought better of that seeing as it's a spike2 Sys. and not Sam.

Came to my senses.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dedrok

i adjusted (bent) the metal bracket that pulls in ,to drop the target .seemed the gap was a little to much for the coil to pull it in.was working fine yesterday arvo. it now seems, only in multiball it dosent know the ball is stuck behind it,but does find it in ball search.the optos were fine in switch check ??? hopefully sort it next week.

First couple of games on it yesterday. Yes, similar to Met but much tighter shots for ramp entrances and drop target lock. No trouble with stuck balls at Coolangatta Time Zone so must not be a code issue. Once code is done, I think Stern will have a winner here (but my kids and I love the movies so there’s that).

93020031efa4b3287997af5ab5c13360.heic

f727c933466519df51e8cbeaeaa703e1.heic

First couple of games on it yesterday. Yes, similar to Met but much tighter shots for ramp entrances and drop target lock. No trouble with stuck balls at Coolangatta Time Zone so must not be a code issue. Once code is done, I think Stern will have a winner here (but my kids and I love the movies so there’s that).

93020031efa4b3287997af5ab5c13360.heic

f727c933466519df51e8cbeaeaa703e1.heic

I reconinse those hands lol

Yeah I’m interested in this pin.

Even bought the 2 Videos the other day. Never heard of it before, think it needs more songs not sure.

Will look at it 1-2 years from now see how it goes.

Premium would be my pick.

42fd767f6de25def02ba08591b51825a.jpg

Yeah I’m interested in this pin.

Even bought the 2 Videos the other day. Never heard of it before, think it needs more songs not sure.

Will look at it 1-2 years from now see how it goes.

Premium would be my pick.

42fd767f6de25def02ba08591b51825a.jpg

Looking forward to playing your premium 44

Looking forward to playing your premium 44

Haha in 1-2 years, long wait.

Won’t buy NIB on release again. Happy with GB but too many hit and miss lately.

Very tempted with that AMH on AAright now, but bad timing.

• 3 weeks later...

New Songs!

"We heard you loud and clear! Our customers are loving the new Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Machine, but we have heard that more original soundtrack music would be appreciated! We have been working very hard behind the scenes to get you more music!

In the upcoming GOTG code update, you will find "I want you back" by the Jackson 5 1969 and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 1967!

This will be the first time the King of Pop or Marvin Gaye have ever been in a full production pinball machine in any form!

Expect this update very soon, and Happy Holidays from all of us here at Stern Pinball! "

How would you integrate them? My brain immediately thinks of places they could be triggered like callouts. eg. "Ain't no mountain high enough" when you shank a ramp shot and it comes back down or "I want you back" on the outlanes/kickback but less on modes.

Actually, would "ain't no mountain high enough" work for some ramp based mode?