Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aristocrat MK6 - 3 way Memory Error - Help.

Mattp

Question

Hey all, Long time. I should really post updated pictures of my games room and arcade room it's only been a good 10 years.

First things first, I've been able to repair any problems I've had over the years with this machine myself but it's thrown me for a loop this time. And I'm not sure how many people on here if any would have any experience with this...

I'm getting ***3 Way Memory Error in active lookups on my Mk6 where's the gold machine, it's telling me the repair for this is to reset the memory by returning to the main configuration menu and pressing Play 1 Line and Take win buttons at the same time with the main door and logic board door open. Sadly, nothing happens except a quick flash of the screen? :unsure

Any ideas? And if anyone is on the South Coast and available to provide support more than happy to pay for your time and help.

Cheers.

13 answers to this question

If you get a three way memory error, this usually indicates a bad or low battery. All three devices need to have the same copy of data at all times because of tight gaming regulations. Once the batteries go bad, integrity is lost and the game goes into lockup. Clearing it won't help because it isn't able to retain the data.

If you get a three way memory error, this usually indicates a bad or low battery. All three devices need to have the same copy of data at all times because of tight gaming regulations. Once the batteries go bad, integrity is lost and the game goes into lockup. Clearing it won't help because it isn't able to retain the data.

No hadn't looked at replacing the batteries on the board since it was still booting and not throwing any battery errors.. But now you mention it has been sitting for quite awhile before that unused. I'll order some new batteries now, I already have a new main board on the way. If it turns out to be the batteries... I have spares I guess? :unsure :sleep

Thanks for the input and help, I'll let you know how I go.

Hey all, Long time. I should really post updated pictures of my games room and arcade room it's only been a good 10 years.

First things first, I've been able to repair any problems I've had over the years with this machine myself but it's thrown me for a loop this time. And I'm not sure how many people on here if any would have any experience with this...

I'm getting ***3 Way Memory Error in active lookups on my Mk6 where's the gold machine, it's telling me the repair for this is to reset the memory by returning to the main configuration menu and pressing Play 1 Line and Take win buttons at the same time with the main door and logic board door open. Sadly, nothing happens except a quick flash of the screen? :unsure

Any ideas? And if anyone is on the South Coast and available to provide support more than happy to pay for your time and help.

Cheers.

What do you mean by quick flash of the screen? Take win and line 1 will take you back to the game screen. You then have to turn the audit key to get to the menu to set the values.

Do you know how to do a proper ram clear - the bit before pressing take win line 1?

Just a quick update in case anyone googles and this issue comes up since I couldn't find it from search, I've replaced the mainboard and batteries and still the same error message. At least I have a spare main board when it goes wrong now eventually.

What do you mean by quick flash of the screen? Take win and line 1 will take you back to the game screen. You then have to turn the audit key to get to the menu to set the values.

Do you know how to do a proper ram clear - the bit before pressing take win line 1?

Proper ram clear? No.. we'll according to the diagnostics it's just telling me to press take win and line 1 at the same time to reset the memory which isn't doing much of anything. Any pointers would be much appreciated on how to do a proper clear but.

Cheers.

Just a quick update in case anyone googles and this issue comes up since I couldn't find it from search, I've replaced the mainboard and batteries and still the same error message. At least I have a spare main board when it goes wrong now eventually.

Proper ram clear? No.. we'll according to the diagnostics it's just telling me to press take win and line 1 at the same time to reset the memory which isn't doing much of anything. Any pointers would be much appreciated on how to do a proper clear but.

Cheers.

I've been a pokies tech for 8 years and I've never seen a 3 way memory error on an XP board.

Before doing the below, did you turn the audit key first?

Try a proper ram clear.

On the under side of the main board on the battery side there are 4 pads which need to be shorted out for a couple of seconds. I was taught to use long nose pliers to short every combination of pairs of pins but I later found a piece of braided earth strap sitting across all 4 pins at the same time did the trick.

Install the board and switch on.

Turn audit key and it should state something about ram clear and press take win and line 1 (forget exactly - there's not many of them in the field these days)

Not sure about NSW but QLD we set the serial number, number of buttons including the two at the top right of the door, what ever else it asks (sorry, haven't had to do many in the last few years)

Get out of audit menu and you should be good to go.

Of course all this is dependent on NSW set ups being the same as QLD. QLD machines can not run as stand alone.

XP.jpg

I've been a pokies tech for 8 years and I've never seen a 3 way memory error on an XP board.

Before doing the below, did you turn the audit key first?

Try a proper ram clear.

On the under side of the main board on the battery side there are 4 pads which need to be shorted out for a couple of seconds. I was taught to use long nose pliers to short every combination of pairs of pins but I later found a piece of braided earth strap sitting across all 4 pins at the same time did the trick.

Install the board and switch on.

Turn audit key and it should state something about ram clear and press take win and line 1 (forget exactly - there's not many of them in the field these days)

Not sure about NSW but QLD we set the serial number, number of buttons including the two at the top right of the door, what ever else it asks (sorry, haven't had to do many in the last few years)

Get out of audit menu and you should be good to go.

Of course all this is dependent on NSW set ups being the same as QLD. QLD machines can not run as stand alone.

Sadly the pins don't appear to be the same as on the qld board? As weird as that would be. I did find what I believe is connected to the memory chips in the same place and shorted them out and have highlighted below but still nothing.

1. Short out

2. Insert Board

3. Same error as seen below

4. Turn audit key to get into setup

5. 3 way memory error clear with take win + play 1

6. Nothing.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

That's an Xcite cabinet.

Bet some lazy tech has joined the door optics together with tape or a straw, because the horseshoe reflector on the door has broken off :redface

It won't let you proceed any further until it see's both mechanical and optical switches in an open state.

Pull the monitor out and on the right hand inner side of the cabinet, should be a wiring loom with the optics. Unjoin them, setup machine and rejoin when finished.

Give that a try.

Edited by pauly540
wrong side cabinet

That's an Xcite cabinet.

Bet some lazy tech has joined the door optics together with tape or a straw, because the horseshoe reflector on the door has broken off :redface

It won't let you proceed any further until it see's both mechanical and optical switches in an open state.

Pull the monitor out and on the right hand inner side of the cabinet, should be a wiring loom with the optics. Unjoin them, setup machine and rejoin when finished.

Give that a try.

Like I said we don't have many MK6 in the field (about 7 or 8 I think) so I'm getting rusty on them but like other machines doesn't the door need to be open for a ram clear?

This machine is showing only the optics are 'open' - Main Door Mismatch but the main door showing as closed.

I have a MK6 machine so I can do a ram clear on it but won't be until tomorrow evening.

I'll get back with the procedure I used.

Like I said we don't have many MK6 in the field (about 7 or 8 I think) so I'm getting rusty on them but like other machines doesn't the door need to be open for a ram clear?

This machine is showing only the optics are 'open' - Main Door Mismatch but the main door showing as closed.

I have a MK6 machine so I can do a ram clear on it but won't be until tomorrow evening.

Yes @Mattp third picture above has '***Main Door Mismatch' which usually means either the mechanical or optical switches are not open. With Xcite MK6 cabinet, 99.9% of the time it's the optics being bypassed (permanently looking at each other by lazy tech).

Both have to be open, or wont allow static ram clear.

To 100% eliminate both switches, follow the loom back to the back-plane (upper right hand side) and disconnect the 'Door security' connector, then press takewin/play1, set up, then reconnect.

Try that.

That's an Xcite cabinet.

Give that a try.

Yes @Mattp third picture above has '***Main Door Mismatch' which usually means either the mechanical or optical switches are not open. With Xcite MK6 cabinet, 99.9% of the time it's the optics being bypassed (permanently looking at each other by lazy tech).

Both have to be open, or wont allow static ram clear.

To 100% eliminate both switches, follow the loom back to the back-plane (upper right hand side) and disconnect the 'Door security' connector, then press takewin/play1, set up, then reconnect.

Try that.

What can I say the internet is an amazing place sometimes, there was 2 optics inside of a bit of heat shrink tapped together stuffed down the back of the machine near the power supply once I did some digging. Would of never found this by myself or ever been alerted what I was doing wrong I figured the main door was open and gremlins had gotten involved.

Thanks @BoardMan and @pauly540. If your ever on the south coast and in need of a beer and feed let me know.

I too need help i also get 3 way memory error i have reset stat ram and then i get hopper disconnected how can i het this reset. I have now been on this problem for over a week and i am over it hahah. the machine was working fine until i moved to our new home. Thanks for any help John.