Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade lift ideas for a new build

Hi Guys, I'm building a new house and now going into plans for the build.

I'm looking for advice if anyone has seen or know of a cheaper alternative to a 40 grand elevator to transport all my machines to the top level of the house which is only being used for entertainment.

I'm thinking of a void from the garage that goes to the top floor with doors and place an electric winch in the roof to pull up a metal platform. This will have rollers/channels on the walls for stability.

Any ideas? Cheers

A hoist as you described be quite suitable however they are mostly designed for commercial purposes, so not only could approval be an issue, but they are designed for carrying weights far heavier than lifts are rated for, so getting a hoist set up coming in at less than a lift could be tricky. Besides, in terms of value added to the house, the lift definitely wins.

Have you ever been to Amsterdam? Most of the loft houses there have an I beam at the roof apex that extends beyond the roof line to allow for hoisting furniture via the top windows. Depending on the design of your house, this arrangement might fit stylistically and serve a function.

Excellent idea having a void in the garage. Just purchase a car hoist for around 2.5K or even less this could be located parallel or against a wall because there's no need to pick up a car and make a rig to go across the extensions and raise your machines that way. You could even roll it of if the platform you make is flat. Having an upstairs room is great if you take a very serious approach to how you can get things up and down easily.

Excellent idea having a void in the garage. Just purchase a car hoist for around 2.5K or even less this could be located parallel or against a wall because there's no need to pick up a car and make a rig to go across the extensions and raise your machines that way. You could even roll it of if the platform you make is flat. Having an upstairs room is great if you take a very serious approach to how you can get things up and down easily.

Great Idea. I've also seen those individual 4 post hoist that you can wheel around and they plug into each other , that way you can make it any size. And best of all you can remove them if they need service.

KC_L4M32_32T_Movable_Four_Post_Lift.jpg.8806e5b19051b621a8bea37337711763.jpg

Probably a 4 poster hoist is an overkill as the single one should do the job but hopefully they go high enough. The heaviest item will be two of my Vendo machines . I'll keep looking. Cheers.Hoist.jpg.04632e3616169c5fc32340d5d3fe3c39.jpg

And much cheaper than a goods lift and easier to sell if the need arises. That last picture is perfect because if your void actually overhangs the wall you can manouve it straight over the top as a landing platform and no risk of anything falling down.

Hi guys, last post I swear. LOL

I found the perfect lift which I will be purchasing, small and lifts up to 3 meters high.

$2900 Brand new electric from Melbourne . Also great to use to get the machines off the trailer . Cheers [ATTACH=CONFIG]113173

653803578_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.d34af0fe6d5b52745ceebc0627adb52b.jpg

• 3 months later...