Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Grotto Matchplay series

Next comp series here on the Gold Coast -

Where: The Pinball Grotto. unit 8, 17a Ern Harley Drive, Burleigh Heads

When: 3rd Sunday every month, begining August 20

then 17/9, 15/10, 19/11, 17/12

Time: 10am warm-up, 11am start

Cost: $25 per player - Juniors under 16 $15

Format: Matchplay using Matchplay.events random draws

4 rounds with points 7,5,3,1 for placings - 3 games per round.

Top 40% go into final 3 game series, same points, to decide winner. If ties, full game to decide (for finals and qualifying)

Prizes: Cash prizes for first 3 places (no dust collecting trophies) and importantly - B DIVISION CASH as well!

B-division is designed to encourage new players - if you are in the lower half after qualifying AND you havent won in B division before (for subesequent tournaments) and you arent ranked in the top 100 in Australia, you can play in a B division final. This final will not affect WAPR points, just a way to get some cash back for new players.

Bring along your friends/ partners/ kids and enjoy. If you haven't been before, current line-up of games is:

Pharaoh

Klondike

ACDC Premium

Shadow

GOT LE

Dr Who

No good Gophers

Indiana Jones

Americas Most Haunted

Walking dead Pro

Paragon

IFPA endorsement granted

Edited by chopchop

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is SBC pinball? I chose Sunday because I thought that was free most months. I can change to the last Sunday each month if that suits people better starting with September.

Saccharomyces Beer Cafe in South Brisbane. They run a %7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D&source=3&source_newsfeed_story_type=regular&action_history=[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22newsfeed%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22feed_story%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A[]%7D]&has_source=1&hc_ref=ARQnS45ki8mUnmVjbDlgUnLU4wKo3lkWA7QhMibSry3x28yugDqYP9sbEUampbT9pCU"]comp each month.

If we could avoid the clash, that would be great!

Michi.

Just a bump for this Sunday's comp if people are interested. Hoping to have at least 6 first timers there to play.

Sorry Michi, my weekends are looking crowded for the next few months so won't be able to change the dates. Didn't know about the SBC comp but I'll try and schedule a different date for next years series.

Just a bump for this Sunday's comp if people are interested. Hoping to have at least 6 first timers there to play.

Sorry Michi, my weekends are looking crowded for the next few months so won't be able to change the dates. Didn't know about the SBC comp but I'll try and schedule a different date for next years series.

No problem, stuff like that happens :)

I'm updating these two posts regularly:

Hopefully, that will be useful to coordinate dates for events in the same region.

I'll be around on Sunday :)

Michi.

I've been meaning to ask you about the juniors comp. My son, 11yo is keen to play but we can't make it on Sunday due to footy commitments. We look forward to making it down there soon.

thanks Jono, yes, I'm going to have the B grade comp as part of it - not really a separate junior event. I will end up with some medallions for the top junior finisher each time too (Emily is NOT included) for encouragement too.

Finish time is yet to be determined - really depends on number of players. I anticipate with a 11:00 comp start should be all done by 4:30 (I'm hoping) have a good mix of old and new games, and will try and balance the draws with Matchplay so the rounds don't go too long as they would with all modern DMD comps.

Re lunch, There is food available there for purchase - pies, chips, chocolates - covering all the food groups! I do that to try and help pay the rent. I understand if people want to bring their own along - no sweat there. Majority of the entry fee will be going back in cash prizes to both A and B graders, and happy to be transparent with that.

My dream is we have some hard-core competitors, but also we attract as many new players as possible (hence the B grade). The series is actually all stand-alone comps this year, but will link them up with a final next year to make a true "series" out of it> thinking of taking best 4 of 6 rounds to get finalists. Let me know what you all think.

First one under the belt. Cool to see a few new players come along too. Well done to the finalists with the final four grabbing the cash

1. Peter Watt

2. ChrisJennings

3. Luke French

4. Matt Hetherington

Fun, see you all in 1 months time

8e4d0f1c37af685a50a9b94e5e77baa4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal finish time would be handy to know. Airline sale on at the moment. $110 return in nov if I can get back to the airport by 630pm

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

As a guide, finished at 4:30. Will be quicker next time as I'm incorporating more EM machines to speed up the rounds. I'll get approval to change it to 4 rounds - that'slong enough, and top 4 playing in the finals

• 4 weeks later...

Matchplay number 2 all done. Lots of new players and loved having them there. New aircon worked well and we had an A grade final, B grade and junior. Results were

A grade - 1. Peter Watt

2. John cosson

3. Luke French

4. Simon Baird

3866a17ebccf073be460344c600c77f4.jpg

B grade 1. Ben Bronson

2. Anthony Cerontonio (new player)!

3. Glen Charles

4. Travis Johnson

63682b1df9278e840188b19c2f85625e.jpg

Junior 1. Emily Cosson

2. Madeleine Warner

3. Timothy Warner

4. James Warner

99a806e802acdc4dcdf4d3de2c8a7ac5.jpg

Thanks everyone, and see you next month for the next installment! (Or next Saturday for Critical Hits 2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk