Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Theatre of Magic wire ramps plating?

vett

Just spoke with a couple of platers and Cadmuim is toxic and advised no one users it much now. ...Old School....

I can get gold plating but not cost effective.

The only Brass plating place i have tracked down is Gold Coast Platers, down the coast. Any tips on someone in brisbane .

Just spoke with a couple of platers and Cadmuim is toxic and advised no one users it much now. ...Old School....

I can get gold plating but not cost effective.

The only Brass plating place i have tracked down is Gold Coast Platers, down the coast. Any tips on someone in brisbane .

I used the Gold Coast guys to do all my Indy and it was a crap job.

Never again.

I will see if i can find the name of the brisbane guys for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific Plating at Pinkenba

&

Roberto's Custom Powder at Morningside

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Thanks for Leads Dicky.

I called Pacific Plating yesterday and not doing brass/gold finish now , will follow up with Robertos Monday

Cheers

Have you considered the gold powder coating? Looks pretty amazing.

I did , but thought it might not have the depth in color like original brass style finish, powder coating looks good but the finish is a solid color , i dont think it would look as good.....will talk to powder coats next visit. But i think brass/gold would be nicer..

• 2 years later...

I did , but thought it might not have the depth in color like original brass style finish, powder coating looks good but the finish is a solid color , i dont think it would look as good.....will talk to powder coats next visit. But i think brass/gold would be nicer..

hi im just wondering which way you ended up going re gold plating? any pics? thanks

hi im just wondering which way you ended up going re gold plating? any pics? thanks

I didn't end up doing any thing in the end , but i did see a friend who sent his wire ramps to the states for a change over set and they looked fantastic. A bit costly, but great finish.

Maybe i might have to revisit this subject

• Like 1

ive got some elvis ramps and wireforms at gc electrplating for brass plating. im a bit worried about the outcome.talking to dicky this morning suggested roberto powder coating does a good gold..i did a bit of research and see ,people dont reccomend powdercoating ramps as it wont last long,wireforms would be ok. .the plating is going to cost $340 i would expect getting done in the US a lot more?

I didn't end up doing any thing in the end , but i did see a friend who sent his wire ramps to the states for a change over set and they looked fantastic. A bit costly, but great finish.

Maybe i might have to revisit this subject

Would be about 380 for both ramps and apron guard from the US.

Hot Rod pins offered to get mine done but then renegged so I went with US. Also got Spirit ring, newton ball , door, legs, bolts lockbar hinges and rails

Also forget the gold stuff from Eu - crapola....

http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-...ireforms-brass

• Like 1

GC electroplating are shit, I recently got some wire forms for two of my machines done there, and it is rubbish, chrome flaking off them already and they are rough as, and they haven't even been installed to the games yet. never again...
  • Like 1

• Administrators
It is never quite this simple but as a guide, if the price is too cheap to be true then it is. Chrome plating prep has some very nasty chemicals involved in the process so the ones who so it properly are not likely to be cheap. Sadly, and high price does not guarantee a good job either :(

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am looking at getting my ramps re-plated (brass) for my shadow pinball.

I have heard a bit of negative feedback about Gold Coast electroplaters lately. I see that another crew in Brisbane are still doing brass plating (with a clearcoat over the top). They are called S Cook and Sons. Has anybody here had any experience with their brass plating for a pinball wireform before? I’d be interesting in hearing about your experience with them.

I have also heard of some people getting these ramps done in gold powder coat. I have powder coated wireforms on some other machines before, and they held up great to the wear and tear, but I’d love to see how the gold powder coat looks on some more pinball ramps. Does anybody here have some photos if they have tried it?