Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

George Young dead =(

Brad

• Administrators

Wow I only just heard that he passed away yesterday =(

A musical genius, foundation member of The Easybeats, older brother of Malcolm and Angus and prolific song writer along with Harry Vanda. They also produced a shit tonne of music for Australian bands. It's an understatement the impact Vanda and Young had on the Australian music scene heading up Albert Productions, writing & producing hit after hit for both themselves and many many others.

Brad

Was listening to the radio on Sunday when Evie came on, naturally had to crank up the volume but was pleasantly surprised when my 13 y/o daughter started to sing along with me. Took the opportunity to use it as a lesson in Australian music and proceeded to tell her about the very talented Stevie Wright and his unfortunate fall from grace due to drugs.

The conversation then diverted to who I considered to be the most talented of the Young brothers, George. What an absolute legend of Australian music was this man, yet many people would not have even heard of him or realized the countless songs from the 60's onward that he had a part in. He, along with Harry Vanda, wrote and produced so many iconic Australian songs that it will be some time before his legacy and influence fades.

R.I.P. George and thank you for providing so many songs from my youth that I will be singing along to till the day I die.

• Administrators

The documentary Blood & Thunder - The Sound of Alberts is a fantastic doco well worth watching and goes part of the way to explaining just how much they did.

Brad

The documentary Blood & Thunder - The Sound of Alberts is a fantastic doco well worth watching and goes part of the way to explaining just how much they did.

Brad

Great Documentary to watch and does go through quite a lot of the early years!