Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Thunderbirds Are Go!

Corones

Seems the feedback is generally average, lots of comments about underpowered flippers. That wasn't a problem on the proto build when I played it, lots of other issues, but the flippers were fine.
I wonder if it's a 110v/240v issue or perhaps just low line voltage in general due to the number of games?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it's a 110v/240v issue or perhaps just low line voltage in general due to the number of games?

The flippers had overheating problems in Brissie, but that was apparently rectified with the new flipper controller boards. Maybe the flipper controller boards need some more tweaking? Not sure. When the flipper coils weren't running too hot at Pincadia, I had no issues hitting the upper shots, and no one else seemed to be complaining about the flipper strength. Maybe you're right about the 100V thing, but from all the Facebook posts, it seemed as though Mike was going overboard to ensure that the voltage changes between countries were never going to cause any issues.

The flippers had overheating problems in Brissie, but that was apparently rectified with the new flipper controller boards. Maybe the flipper controller boards need some more tweaking? .

its all setup. The controllers have a really sharp cutoff to low power mode when the eos cuts in so if its not adjusted right and cuts in a shade too soon.... wimpy flippers.. [solution .. adjust eos] problem solved. Sadly stuff like this can happen when you rush things for a show

Interesting how after all the comments on weak flippers and over bright outdated dmd mike attacks the one Aussie after a constructive comment about the plastic lockdown bar and then strangely makes a comment about someone else being a grouch wtf

It was just a matter of time. He could've just responded with something like we are aware of the issue so we are experimenting with different plastics just to satisfy any doubt to customers. I'm no PR guy but giving a response like mike did doesn't help his business, people do talk. One thing we can all count on is homepin mike for a little controversy.

Interesting how after all the comments on weak flippers and over bright outdated dmd mike attacks the one Aussie after a constructive comment about the plastic lockdown bar and then strangely makes a comment about someone else being a grouch wtf

He does not like Swinks and that goes way back

its all setup. The controllers have a really sharp cutoff to low power mode when the eos cuts in so if its not adjusted right and cuts in a shade too soon.... wimpy flippers.. [solution .. adjust eos] problem solved. Sadly stuff like this can happen when you rush things for a show

Now that's the sort of explanation mike should be giving on pinside instead of criticising and accusing people of trolling.

And now Pinsanity is in on it, this is going to end badly. Someone needs to tell Mike to avoid the thread if he is going to attack people. It does his brand no favours to constantly respond to trolls like this.

If people are complaining about the weak flippers, a simple explanation like the one provided here would be beneficial to allow people to know that work is being done to sort it out. These are potential customers, in a public arena, the more information provided, the better.

And now Pinsanity is in on it, this is going to end badly. Someone needs to tell Mike to avoid the thread if he is going to attack people. It does his brand no favours to constantly respond to trolls like this.

If people are complaining about the weak flippers, a simple explanation like the one provided here would be beneficial to allow people to know that work is being done to sort it out. These are potential customers, in a public arena, the more information provided, the better.

Nobody needs to tell mike. he is part of the problem and very much part of the solution.

At least I didn't get a mention THIS time, Phew. :cool:

you're getting old, loosin' your edge :P

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody needs to tell mike. he is part of the problem and very much part of the solution.

yeah but if mike wasnt mike, he wouldnt have got this far either. Even if he bought some of the bumps on himself the end result will be because of him not in spite of him.

I think mike needs to remember, when new a stern is released they cop pretty hard criticism for a while.

It would suck to hear that stuff but This hobby is pretty harsh. He should have stepped back from it and only reply to those who are being polite to his game, and say thanks to those people to keep them on side, and not react to those who are critics. You cant change a critics mind but you can accidentally Negatively change the minds of those who have had walked away with positive thoughts when reacting to harshly to the critics.

It was going tobe a hard sell to Pinside so not sure why he reacts, I would have given up my pinside account to avoid the temptation.

Negative stuff is hard to hear But should walk away until the dust settles. JJP and stern cop crap on new titles but they dont react on forums like that.

Doug You need to talk to the guy about having a PR person, He is taking on to much by doing the PR side of things and Its not working for him. Im sure you can agree with that. At least he needs to work on a PR strategy for these sorts of things, this was expected and a good PR person would have been able to have had a plan for this before it was to happen. He is clearly taking on to much and micromanaging every thing, he needs to hire a professional PR person.

Its so frustrating watching this.

Now that's the sort of explanation mike should be giving on pinside instead of criticising and accusing people of trolling.

He would if it was true, Eos adjustment what a load of crap, they adjusted the crap out of it made no difference. No idea what the problem is, sure it can be corrected, testing is what it needs

I didn't know that so without any backstory (I don't know Swinks), I did not think that Swinks was trolling at all, in fact I thought his comment was more constructive than others.

I see Mike has now removed his comment but the damage is already done, and not getting any better with his "I'm obviously an idiot - why do I waste my time responding to trolls ???" comment.

I do think that as the head of a company with money invested in licensed products this sort of carry on should be beneath Mike, he really needs to stop over-reacting to help his brand.

A plastic lock-down bar, what happens if you accidentally drop it on the floor when servicing the game, are the plastic tabs that lock it in place fragile, most plastics are quite robust especially ABS but sometimes those lock-down bars can need a little persuasion, maybe this has already been tested? Is it entirely plastic or is it part plastic part metal? Well it's a first for pinball I believe. Edited by hotty

I'm bitterly disappointed something as simple as a ball trap has been missed.

As easy as putting balls on the playfield plastics and watching them roll down and make it back to the playfield safely is exactly what I did on prototype machines when preparing them for the street.

Williams use to supply extra dummy red posts and rubbers in the cashbox for exactly that reason.

Maybe Mike is to reliant on Chinamen to know what in there nature, they don't.

I'm bitterly disappointed something as simple as a ball trap has been missed.

Sounds so simple, but unfortunatley its not as uncommon as you are suggesting, they are finding them in IMDN LE's.. <_<