Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I was not dreaming after all, Melbourne meets 2019!

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1071 Post(s)

I was not dreaming after all, Melbourne meets 2019!

Step right up, step right up! The Melbourne meet crew needs YOU!

After 2018's fantastic round of meets we are looking to make it bigger and better in 2019, if you are new to the Melbourne meet scene please see THIS THREAD.

We aimed for one per month in 2018, and I am happy to say we did it! This year if multiple people want the same month I say lets run with it, besides we don't have to attend every meet.

I will mention all the previous hosts and put in some that have told me the month that they would like, no problems if you do not want to host this year (but I hope you do ). As always we crave new hosts. If you are thinking about it, let me know. Happy to discuss any questions you may have.

Previous hosts role call, @Ryza @mckie1 @toads @Gemini2544 @Manny65 @Glenn70 @gum @AxedBandit @Coon82 @andyboot @Dirty daz @Queen Of Shots @Hashman

Jan = mix_vt_cal - SEE THE 2017 MEET HERE, AND SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

Feb = AxedBandit - SEE THE 2018 MEET HERE, AND SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

Mar = toads - SEE THE 2018 MEET HERE, AND SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

Mar = Gemini2544 - SEE THE 2018 MEET HERE, AND SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

Apr = Manny65 - SEE THE 2018 MEET HERE, AND SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

May = thegrunta666 - SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

Jun = Ryza - SEE THE 2018 COMP/MEET HERE, AND SEE THE 2019 COMP/MEET HERE.

Jun = gum - SEE THE 2018 MEET HERE, AND SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

Aug = Hashman - SEE THE 2018 MEET HERE, AND SEE THE FIRST 2019 MEET HERE.

Sep = Coon82 - HOST ONLY MEET

Oct = mix_vt_cal - SEE THE 2017 MEET HERE.

Oct = Dirty daz - SEE THE 2018 MEET HERE, AND SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

Nov = Cursed - SEE THE 2018 MEET HERE. AND SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

Nov = ?

Dec = Hashman - SEE THE 2018 MEET HERE. AND SEE THE 2019 MEET HERE.

Please let me know if you would like to host a meet and if i can help in anyway, I also want to point out that a meet can be a host only meet if you prefer.

Bring on 2019!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are regular meets in Melbourne possible, or am I dreaming?

Firstly I would like to cover why I am starting this thread.

I held my first open meet 2 years ago as no one seemed to be doing them in Melbourne (on a large scale), and I have to say it was a great success and had roughly 30 people show up! And from what I could tell everyone had a great time. See HERE for the thread about the meet.

The rest of 2016 we had a few more meets from other members here and all were a blast!

With that in mind I held my second open meet back in February in the hope that trend would continue and hopefully even grow, again the meet went extremely well with roughly 40 people this time. And again I am (hopefully) certain that fun was had by all. See HERE for the thread about the meet.

The rest of this year has been rather quiet since then with the exception of a couple of very generous members here, now please don't get me wrong I am not accusing anyone of not putting their hand up or not holding a meet. I fully understand that life gets in the way and time flies and everyone makes their own decisions.

As most may know I am big fan of meets and much prefer them to comps, no offence to the comp players.

So what I would like to ask is can we/do we have enough (generous) members here to make this a monthly thing?

My proposal is this...

Once per month by a different host.
    Date and times decided by the host.
    Open or closed meet entirely up to the host.
    Invite list purely up to the host (Ideally all hosts in the group would be invited).
    Food, drinks and games all up to the hosts discretion. I.E. Each person brings money for take away or their own food/drink, if the host is happy to provide food and/or drink that is fine.

Ideally I picture 12 that are willing to do this once a year with a fixed month, and hopefully a few more to be either backups or regular rotators.

Few things to mention...

You do not need a lot of machines to be a host, at both my meets more talking was done than playing. 13 playable games, 40 people! I think everyone was happy with the games they played. Hopefully!
    What I have learned is we are all (mostly) good eggs and will treat your games and home with respect.
    Would recommend December host be early and January host be late.
    I am obviously happy to help organise these meets and help where I can.

I am probably missing something but I think that covers it. Please feel free to post any ideas or suggestions you may have. I am also prepared to have no one reply to this thread...

If you are happy to hold a meet but would like to remain anonymous please feel free to PM me. I will put up my hand for February as that has been my habit so I may as well keep it. If anyone would like to be a host feel free to pick a month. Ideally I would like to start this in January 2018?

So, am I crazy? Can we make this happen?

Jan = Ryza - SEE THE COMP/MEET HERE.
    Feb = mckie1 - SEE THE MEET HERE.
    Mar = toads - SEE THE MEET HERE.
    Mar = Gemini2544 - SEE THE MEET HERE.
    Apr = Manny65 - SEE THE MEET HERE.
    May = Glenn70 - SEE THE MEET HERE.
    Jun = gum - SEE THE MEET HERE.
    Jul = AxedBandit - SEE THE MEET HERE.
    Aug = Coon82 - SUCCESSFUL HOST ONLY MEET, DONE AND DUSTED!
    Sep = andyboot - SUCCESSFUL HOST ONLY MEET, DONE AND DUSTED!
    Oct = Dirty daz - SEE THE MEET HERE.
    Nov = Cursed - SEE THE MEET HERE.
    Dec = Hashman - SEE THE MEET HERE.

Meets are AWESOME!
    Last edited by Cursed; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:04 PM.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2260 Post(s)
    Sounds like a Melbourne version of the Wildball League

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    264 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Hey Michael,

Like you, I thought we'd be swamped with meets this year. However, life gets in the way at times. We've had new babies arrive, people moving house, and all sorts of other issues.

Anyway, I'm happy to claim the October spot for next year.

I agree that you don't need a lot of pins. We tend to spend more time gasbagging than playing these days (or I do anyway!)

I was looking to hold a meet in October this year, and would have except that Shazz has a health issue we're dealing with. I'm hopeful we'll still be able to hold one early to mid November, all being well. We should know more after Friday.

Last year we held a Halloween themed meet, with Elvira, which was popular, and we're intending to do something similar this year.

The only issue is I won't be able to give us much notice this year as previous. Looking at possibly Saturday 4th or 11th November at this stage. Will confirm a date ASAP.

If anyone knows of a conflicting event for either of these dates, please let me know!

Mike.
    Last edited by mix_vt_cal; 17th October 2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Added month of November

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1071 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RGR View Post
    Sounds like a Melbourne version of the Wildball League
    Sure, that'll do. Minus the comps of course.

Maybe we could call it casualball?

Quote Originally Posted by mix_vt_cal View Post
    Hey Michael, I'm happy to claim the October spot for next year.
    Done, really appreciate you putting your hand up Mike! Hope you asked the boss first.

As I said though, not pointing fingers here. I just want to have more meets with my pinball buddys, and if organising it early like this gets it done then so be it.

Oh and we would love to come to this years meet as well mate, just let us know.

Also want to say, no pressure for the host to supply anything other than the venue. More than happy to BYO everything or just bring some cash for take away.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2260 Post(s)
    wildball would have to be the most casual league in the country. @Audioenslaved, @timmychap will back me up here.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    196 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    Firstly I would like to cover why I am starting this thread.

I held my first open meet 2 years ago as no one seemed to be doing them in Melbourne (on a large scale), and I have to say it was a great success and had roughly 30 people show up! And from what I could tell everyone had a great time. See HERE for the thread about the meet.

The rest of 2016 we had a few more meets from other members here and all were a blast!

With that in mind I held my second open meet back in February in the hope that trend would continue and hopefully even grow, again the meet went extremely well with roughly 40 people this time. And again I am (hopefully) certain that fun was had by all. See HERE for the thread about the meet.

The rest of this year has been rather quiet since then with the exception of a couple of very generous members here, now please don't get me wrong I am not accusing anyone of not putting their hand up or not holding a meet. I fully understand that life gets in the way and time flies and everyone makes their own decisions.

As most may know I am big fan of meets and much prefer them to comps, no offence to the comp players.

So what I would like to ask is can we/do we have enough (generous) members here to make this a monthly thing?

My proposal is this...

Once per month by a different host.
    Date and times decided by the host.
    Open or closed meet entirely up to the host.
    Invite list purely up to the host (Ideally all hosts in the group would be invited).
    Food, drinks and games all up to the hosts discretion.

Ideally I picture 12 that are willing to do this once a year with a fixed month, and hopefully a few more to be either backups or regular rotators.

Few things to mention...

You do not need a lot of machines to be a host, at both my meets more talking was done than playing. 13 playable games, 40 people! I think everyone was happy with the games they played. Hopefully!
    What I have learned is we are all (mostly) good eggs and will treat your games and home with respect.
    Would recommend December host be early and January host be late.
    I am obviously happy to help organise these meets and help where I can.

I am probably missing something but I think that covers it. Please feel free to post any ideas or suggestions you may have. I am also prepared to have no one reply to this thread...

If you are happy to hold a meet but would like to remain anonymous please feel free to PM me. I will put up my hand for February as that has been my habit so I may as well keep it. If anyone would like to be a host feel free to pick a month. Ideally I would like to start this in January 2018?

So, am I crazy? Can we make this happen?

Jan =
    Feb = Cursed
    Mar =
    Apr =
    May =
    Jun =
    Jul =
    Aug =
    Sep =
    Oct = mix_vt_cal = Legend!
    Nov =
    Dec =

Meets are AWESOME!
    How much?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    244 Post(s)
    Hi Mike & Moyra.

Sorry Joanne and I have been MIA this year

Our new addition has taken over our lives this year but we are definitely hoping to pop back on the schedule next year

March works great for us.

You could probably tell we missed yours, Ryan's and Hashman's many meets this year as well as the upcoming flipout

Our third child will be one in Jan so hopefully we can project manage better after that

Cheers and so sorry for missing our leg of the meet calendar that worked well previously.

Next year will be our fourth mini meet since 2013 and as you said the meets went from a dozen pinheadz, to twenty to the amazing numbers you guys had

Fingers crossed we can get all our pins/arcades ready by then

Cheers and thank you for trying to get this going again

Joanne still has the love/hate relationship with BDK. She is loving CV and Creech at the moment.

Most of the mods have been installed so things will look a tad different from last time.

Also a bit more space Shazz

Cheers and sorry for the long ramble

State
    Shepparton Vic
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1844 Post(s)
    @Cursed

March is good for me too

For a meet, not a comp.
    Last edited by toads; 18th October 2017 at 07:14 AM.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1409 Post(s)
    @mix_vt_cal I sure hope it can be the 4th and not the 11th Mike otherwise I wonít be able to make it!

Thatís if Iím invited

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1409 Post(s)
    @Cursed Iíll wait until I see if @DangerRay and I get a new lease before committing to a month next year.

In the meantime though. Was thinking about throwing a Flipout After Party at our place this Saturday night since we will have our guest of honour @Dedrok here?

Any interest in that anyone?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information