Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

State Of Origin 2017

We the roaches had the first game quite convincingly but unfortunately they gave Queensland a couple of excuses as to why they lost, namely a couple of players missing.

Not like NSW never had players missing in the past years but that is in the past just like Queensland's dominance I would like to think.

Anyway, the question is who is going to win tonight?.

The land of the Cockroach or the Land of the Queens.:lol

I think our Qld boys will be pretty fired up, but the NSW crowd should be very vocal...

Looking forward to see how Coen Hess goes. Hope he stays with the Cowboys into the future.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think our Qld boys will be pretty fired up, but the NSW crowd should be very vocal...

Looking forward to see how Coen Hess goes. Hope he stays with the Cowboys into the future.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep, Coen Hess is a damm good up and coming player. A young player set to replace the QLD old guard, while the old guard, Thurston, Slater and Smith are set to replace the 14th man, Alfi Langer.

I suppose a job on some Foxtell QLD football show for the other two that don't get the Alfi job.

@Brad Do I detect an ex NSW person living among the Queens?. If this is the case good to see you haven't changed your origins.

I regard the rules the same as the players.. Where you were born is what team you support.

Well most of the players except Inglus of coarse that the 1st time he had anything to do with Queensland was the first match he player for QLD in a state of origin.

• Administrators
@Brad Do I detect an ex NSW person living among the Queens?. If this is the case good to see you haven't changed your origins.

I regard the rules the same as the players.. Where you were born is what team you support.

Well most of the players except Inglus of coarse that the 1st time he had anything to do with Queensland was the first match he player for QLD in a state of origin.

Same mate same and I'm wearing my Blues Guernsey to the pub tonight for dinner and the game. 3 years straight and we give shit to each other. Lots of fun even IF I'm out numbered ;)

Brad

Completely lost interest the last couple of years.

I turned off the sound in the first half because Qld were playing crap and letting in easy tries.

Kept the sound off in the 2nd half but could see Qld were clearly over running NSW and turned it back on with 5 to go.

I now know another reason why the last couple of years I don't like watching origin:

1. I either go to bed angry but my heart is racing that fast that I won't be asleep for another hour

2. I go to bed happy but my heart is racing that fast that I won't be asleep for another hour

See you all in about 6 hours when I'm up making breakfast - it's gonna be a long day tomorrow - but not as long as those who wear the blue jersey :)

I moved to Qld a year (or 2?) before the Bronco's came about - in that time, I don't think they have ever had a goal kicker that you bet your life on - as good as Thurston is as a half back, how valuable is he is as kicker? I've seen too many games over the years where a decent kicker would have got the Bronco's home - you could nearly pay money for half a defender if you knew they'd slot goals like JT does.

Really didn't watch enough to say if the better side won tonight, but from what I saw (60% of it) I think they did, and from what I saw of the 1st game, the better side won that. Will be a sold out 3rd game very shortly, possibly even quicker than a Netherworld Flip Frenzy event.

• Administrators

As usual the Ref was a joke (not picking up ridiculous forward passes, penalised NSw for an illegal tackle, lets the even worse QLD go from which they score s a try) and then NSW despite years of knowing this fill **** you attempted to defend a lead. They deserved to lose, stupid ****ers.

I used to be think you know it might be rigged, now I'm almost certain

Brad

As usual the Ref was a joke (not picking up ridiculous forward passes, penalised NSw for an illegal tackle, lets the even worse QLD go from which they score s a try) and then NSW despite years of knowing this fill **** you attempted to defend a lead. They deserved to lose, stupid ****ers.

Brad

Watch AFL - I can count on one hand from about 30 years of watching it when the umpires (NRL refs) have ruined the game with bone headed decisions, and the Bunker has just made things worse when the experts on Ch9 say one thing and the bunker who have watched maybe 10% of games combined come up with a different decission. NRL and Origin is usually so close and high pressured that the refs play too much part in the result.

I pretty much turned off the sound after around 10 minutes or so - a Qld player clearly lost the ball backwards, there was a NSW hand in there that helped it out, but it still went backwards. The NSW player wasn't penalised, but it still wasn't play on - some how he had the ball stripped (towards his own try line) and it was somehow a knock on.

League refereeing is a complete bloody mystery to me.

Well should NSW dump Haine?. Sure he scored a try but if he pasted the ball inside, we would have got the 2 extra points because Maloney would have got that shot instead of missing it from the sideline.

Should NSW dump Haine?. If he pasted the ball to Morris instead of being the hog for a second try, we would have had another try.

He did exactly the same thing in the first game. You can't have a player in state of origin that thinks he is bigger than the team around you.

Two of QLDs trys were both on Haine's side he was defending tonight. Haine in my opinion is the one that needs to go. Leave the rest of the team and they will dominate.

I have to laugh at the commentators talk up Thurston's impact on tonight's game. He was a lame duck with a shoulder that clearly was damaged 15 minutes into the game and was unable to do anything for the duration of the game.

Brad

Not picking up ridiculous forward passes, you mean like the two in the lead up to two of the NSW tries.:rolleyes

And if it really was rigged, NSW would have won more than one series in the last 10 years. It's not rigged, the refs are just crap and mostly I don't think they favour any particular side.

• Administrators
Not picking up ridiculous forward passes, you mean like the two in the lead up to two of the NSW tries.:rolleyes

And if it really was rigged, NSW would have won more than one series in the last 10 years. It's not rigged, the refs are just crap and mostly I don't think they favour any particular side.

The "forward" passes from NSW were flat or REAL close to forward. Could have gone either way and I would have been fine with that. The two by QLD were so far forward they should be playing gridiron. I mean Thurston's pass from the ground holy hell but noooo lets not penalise the "greatest player" in the game. Then Slater stupidly gets taken out by Maloney and is instantly penalised. Then we later have the exact same thing happen to us, ref plays on QLD score. slow claps for the outstanding refereeing. Both of those instances saw QLD score.

That aside, NSW should still have won but they ****ed up the second half soooo badly it seems it was done on purpose.

Brad

I have to laugh at the commentators talk up Thurston's impact on tonight's game. He was a lame duck with a shoulder that clearly was damaged 15 minutes into the game and was unable to do anything for the duration of the game.

Except kick the winning conversion! In these tight games it usually comes down to goal kicking and that's where QLD have beaten us many times.

No Thurston and Cronk next year so my bet is they will bring in cherry evans and maybe Milford again

Except kick the winning conversion! In these tight games it usually comes down to goal kicking and that's where QLD have beaten us many times.

No Thurston and Cronk next year so my bet is they will bring in cherry evans and maybe Milford again

No Thurston in Game 3 either.

i'll be surprised if he misses Game 3. If he does then my money is on the Blues

The last I heard is he's reinjured his shoulder and will be out for the season, but if anyone can prove them wrong it's Thurston. One tough cookie.

The last I heard is he's reinjured his shoulder and will be out for the season, but if anyone can prove them wrong it's Thurston. One tough cookie.

not sure if true it doesnt say anything about that on NRL website. im sure he will be there for his final origin at home

I think the last game is NSW's to loose, not QLD to win exactly like this 2nd game was.

Anyone that questions this consider the Maloney penalty resulting in QLD's 1st try and Haine hogging it and NSW missed a certain try.

Haine's poor defence also resulted in two QLD trys.

The talk is Haine will be replaced.

Queensland showed up with there best team in this 2nd game and the best they could do was match the trys NSW scored. 3 a piece.

Replace Haine with someone that can defend as well as score and no Thurston and I thing NSW has it in the bag for the 3rd match.

Well it may be my wishful thinking too aye.:)

• Administrators

They should never have played Thurston. His shoulder was not ready for it and now he's screwed for the rest of the year. Damn selfish if you ask me. Buggered him AND the Cowboys up.

Brad

Hopefully Jarrod Croker to replace Hayne.

I could think of no one better.

- - - Updated - - -

They should never have played Thurston. His shoulder was not ready for it and now he's screwed for the rest of the year. Damn selfish if you ask me. Buggered him AND the Cowboys up.

Brad

Killed off a legend if you ask me. Now him and his team suffer.

• Super Moderator

Brad

Where's the suffer in ya jocks emoji

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade