Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Midway gun recoil bump stop question

Roxbury

Question

I am fixing up some Midway Revoultion X guns that are being used on a T2.

The stopper on the recoil plunger has basically turned to goo. Any ideas on the best way to replace the stopper, or can you get replacement plungers which come with new stoppers anyway?

Bump stop.jpg

2 answers to this question

Get a large rubber cork from a homebrew shop and shape it to the size you want.

I'm not real sure how the rubber is held in place but I'm assuming the endcap comes off the plunger so the rubber can be changed.

You can get massive rubber corks for bottles with necks over 60mm from brewer's suppliers for a couple of $s, then I would drill a hole through it to suit the plunger and grind it to the outside size you require.

You should be able to get it to look as good as it was originally and your gun is ready to go at least till you get another, if you actually can.

I replaced mine with Black Rubber Protectors for Chair Legs, I found them in the local hardware store. They are cheap as shit and they work like a charm. I have some spare, but it would be expensive to send them to you from Europe.

e8954f5a-e698-4a25-8776-d20b8d9ad8ab_1.6f989b4e49cd6d7e822140b92b47feb0.jpeg