Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

STTNG opto board rebuild?

BioBa

My opto board A-16998 is playing up. Is it worthwhile trying to repair it? Most people seem to suggest to buy a replacement. Seems to be hard to get a new one. Any idea where to get? All places I looked they were sold out.

I had an issue with my 10 opto board on cc. The lm339’s are often and issue and can be bought for 1$. Mine did my head in, in the end and I bought a Home pin replacement from child amusements.

Works a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you figured out which component is bad? No sense replacing the whole board if a 50c part is at fault. What have you narrowed down?

I have done a visual inspection and checked conductivity of some components but I'm not good enough to go any further. I could not see anything out of the ordinary. I was reading that this particular board once starting to show damaged components generally keeps on causing problems. It runs quite hot.

Left cannon opto (STTNG) and right vuk opto goes off at random. I have replaced the actual optos but makes no difference. Have checked all connectors too. Very much looks like a board problem.

Can't find anybody who has one.

Swap out optos for known good to make sure it is in fact the board, in fact most of the leads have plugs and can be swapped. Replace all the lm339 chips if they are socketed. You can buy from jaycar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by peely