Thread: Pinball Rom and Prom programming

State
    Central coast / Newcastle
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Pinball Rom and Prom programming

I get quite a few people messaging me asking if I still program roms for Pinball machines.
    I used to advertise this on here a couple of years ago but asked Trav could he temporarily remove my sponsor section because I had a lot on my plate at the time and couldn't keep up with everything.
    I am writing this just to let you know that YES I do still program them.

What I can do is Pinball roms for just about any machine , I could also do them for certain Arcade games but you would have to let me know the size of the chips and what you'd like programmed onto them.

I can also do the older Bi-polar proms that are used on Arcade boards , I have hundreds of them in several different types and sizes.

As well as that I have heaps of GAL and PAL chips and I can program whatever you'd like onto them.

So if you are ever after any of the above or have a question just ask me and there's a good chance i'd be able to do it for you.

State
    westlake, Brisbane
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    460 Post(s)
    What a timely post as my rom burner died today
    I have two Stern Mpu-100, both working with Leon's test rom (thanks Travis) and both wired for 2732 roms, however when I put in u2 from Bally Vector the board locks up.
    I read that these boards only work with some of the early games, Freedom, Night Rider, Evel, 8 ball although I haven't dug into the reason. So I am looking for a pair of Any of these early roms for U2 and U6 so I can finish testing these.
    Can you do them for me please Ken, and pm me the payment details.
    Ray

State
    Central coast / Newcastle
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Hi Ray , when either Stern mpu-100 or Bally -17 are jumpered correctly for 2732's they can run any Bally game so Vector shouldn't be a problem.
    Is the Vector rom an original , they used a lot of 2532 roms on the later Bally games so that could be your problem.
    With the earlier games of either manufacturer , Night Rider ,Mata Hari , Stars , Memory Lane ,Magic etc you can jumper the board a certain way and they can all run on a single 2732 rom in U2.
    It's only the games after and including Lost World that use the 2 x roms at U2 and U6.....BUT you can still have the earlier games running on both roms as well.
    So make sure your U2 Vector rom is a 2732 and if you still want me to program a couple of roms for you just message me.

State
    westlake, Brisbane
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    460 Post(s)
    Thanks Ken,
    Fantastic info and clears up a lot.
    The vector roms are 2732s and were burnt just a few days ago from the Bally 2732 files. I can't actually test them again currently but I have ordered another burner.
    I guess I should check the 2732 jumpering next , will pm you. Cheers

State
    Jamboree Heights, Brisbane
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raysco View Post
    Thanks Ken,
    Fantastic info and clears up a lot.
    The vector roms are 2732s and were burnt just a few days ago from the Bally 2732 files. I can't actually test them again currently but I have ordered another burner.
    I guess I should check the 2732 jumpering next , will pm you. Cheers
    You can borrow my burner Ray
    It's the same as yours

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade
    Wanted -

Williams Blackout Pinball, Moon Patrol Bootleg board and Gottlieb Mad Planets Arcade board set

State
    westlake, Brisbane
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    460 Post(s)
    Thanks Dave,
    Probably on the weekend if youre around ☺

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Thread Information